GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2012 Equinox LTZ in August and I LOVE it. One of the things I would like to change is when you power off the radio there is a big bowtie that appears. Does anyone know if/how this can be changed to something else or even just a black screen? It wouldnt be so bad but that gold it a bit much. Any information would be great. Other than the gold bowties I cant say a bad thing about this ride. It is awesome.

·
Registered
338 Posts
AMM said:
I purchased my 2012 Equinox LTZ in August and I LOVE it. One of the things I would like to change is when you power off the radio there is a big bowtie that appears. Does anyone know if/how this can be changed to something else or even just a black screen? It wouldnt be so bad but that gold it a bit much. Any information would be great. Other than the gold bowties I cant say a bad thing about this ride. It is awesome.
A dealer might be able to change it to GMC, Cadillac or Buick. I don't think they could make it go away. A hacker may be able to do it though.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
ChevyMgr said:
A dealer might be able to change it to GMC, Cadillac or Buick. I don't think they could make it go away. A hacker may be able to do it though.
I think that GTPPrix is able to change it. You may want to look at some of his posts. He can do, it, but I don't think that you can - i.e. it'll cost you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Until you figure out a more permanent solution, you could turn the display off each time you were finished with it.
Whether the radio is on or off, you can follow these steps to turn off the display:
Press Config
Select Display Settings
Select Display Off

The display will turn back on if you turn on the stereo, and I think select a different radio station, etc. while it is on. It will go back to the bowtie logo if you turn the radio off, and you will have to follow these steps again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts