GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when they will start shipping to dealers? My gf is looking to trade in her 2007 Edge for a Equinox. She really likes my Terrain, but I'm not going to have 2 of the same cars in the driveway. Most interested in MyLink system. We drove a 2011 Edge yesterday with MyTouch and liked it. The Edge is a little higher in price tho. May just look for a 2011 Equinox with Nav instead.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Middle of August is when they usually start showing up.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The start of production for the 2012 Equinox was set for July 18th. Start up to dealer lots is approximately 6 - 8 weeks. I would recommend keeping in touch with your local dealership for more information. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer replied mid to late august. They are only ordering 4cyl. Guess we'll see if my girl likes the engine or not.

·
Registered
65 Posts
godcore74 said:
Dealer replied mid to late august. They are only ordering 4cyl. Guess we'll see if my girl likes the engine or not.
As far as I know the 2011 v6 should be the same, you could let her test drive them both now so u clear that part up. The only diffrence with the 2011 and 2012 4-cil is the fuelflex.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, I'll let her decide. It's her ride. I let her drive my 4cyl and she wasn't blown away. I was impressed with the new Edge and so was she. I am not a fan of the Blue Oval, but it's got really cool tech and strong engine and good tranny. I just want to try out the MyLink system and see what it's like. MyTouch was alright in the Edge but there is a lot crammed into that system and can be confusing. MyLink looks pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We went to the dealership yesterday. My gf drove one and liked it, but she's gotten so used to the space in the edge. She is thinking about it for now. The dealer said they have some 2012 in transit, so probably next week or the week after. They said we could order one and give us a fair trade for her Edge.We may just hold off until they get here and see if the MyLink seals the deal. She just doesn't seem sold on it. We'll see.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Which upstate dealers would have a 2012 Terrain?

·
Registered
65 Posts
godcore74 said:
We went to the dealership yesterday. My gf drove one and liked it, but she's gotten so used to the space in the edge. She is thinking about it for now. The dealer said they have some 2012 in transit, so probably next week or the week after. They said we could order one and give us a fair trade for her Edge.We may just hold off until they get here and see if the MyLink seals the deal. She just doesn't seem sold on it. We'll see.
. Ya my gf wants to see it too. I got her to hold off on getting a 2011 cause i wanted mylink and since ill be driving her car 1/4 of the time it be neat to have

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
Spiritman said:
Some people refer to "upstate NY" as Westchester County ! Personally - I draw the border at I-90 !

And you ?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
godcore74 said:
Cool. My local dealer didn't know.
They know very well.... they also know how many they ordered. that an individial salesman doesnt know- exact arrival dates of ordered stuff.. yeah-- but they definitely know they have 2012's coming...

They simply want to sell you whats on the lot. Why defer a sale to the future- when they can sell you one now...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SlayerX11 I agree. I drive us everywhere so I want some cool tech stuff too. Sounds like she's swaying back to the Edge tho. It is a cool ride and I have to admit that with the current incentives you can get a 2011 with V6 (18/27mpg) and MyTouch and leather SEL for $30-32k. That's really tough to argue. I know GM is selling the Terrain/Equinox like crazy, but a little incentive would be nice. we had one dealer down to right at $30k for a very nice SEL Edge w/lthr, MyTouch/Nav and the 3.5 V6. we could only run about $29 for a 4cyl Equinox and it's impossible to find one. That is one if the reasons they offered to build one for her and put her in a loaner for 6-8wks.
My sales gal knew they had mostly LTZ 4cyl coming in a couple of weeks btw.
It all comes down to her preference and she really likes the Edge. It's funny cuz when she bought her current one, she wouldn't even look at one. She wanted another RAV4 or Venza. I said, this Edge is really nice and sporty and a pretty cool ride. Truth be told I like the Flex a little better cuz it looks like a hearse. :) so it's funny I'm talking her into a Equinox now. It would be nice to not have the same ride for both of us tho.

·
Registered
9 Posts
spiritman:

New York dealers with 2012 nox's or Terrains:

Evans Chevrolet, Baldwinsville,ny: 3 2012 nox's
Cavallaro-Neubauer Chev,Wolcott,ny: 2 2012 nox's
Jack McNerney Chev, Tully,ny: 1 2012 nox
Bokman Chev/GMC,Wellsville,ny: 1 2012 Terrain

don

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Spiritman said:
I can locate a vehicle in your are with your zip code. I can also search for specific features that you would like the vehicle to have. Please feel free to contact me by private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just saw that the dealer got several 2012 Equinox and Terrains in today. Going to drive tomorrow. I gotta work tonight for KE$HA so gotta wait till tomorrow.

·
Registered
748 Posts
godcore74 said:
Just saw that the dealer got several 2012 Equinox and Terrains in today. Going to drive tomorrow. I gotta work tonight for KE$HA so gotta wait till tomorrow.
How is KE$HA involved?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She's paying for it! Jk
Nah, I had to work tonight at her show so we couldn't go look at it.

We contacted the dealer and it turns out that they listed the rides early, so they will not get them until next week. We are probably going with a silver ice LTZ.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts