GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , new here, with a question. I am looking at getting a 2012 Equinox. I was leaning to the 4 cyl, due to the better mileage, but have seen the problematic history. Do we believe that problem on the 4 cyl is solved for the 2012's (since apparently there is a known fix) or would I be safer/better off with the 6 cyl. Are people having engine problems with the 6? Thank you for any thoughts and advice.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
tomdcj said:
Hi , new here, with a question. I am looking at getting a 2012 Equinox. I was leaning to the 4 cyl, due to the better mileage, but have seen the problematic history. Do we believe that problem on the 4 cyl is solved for the 2012's (since apparently there is a known fix) or would I be safer/better off with the 6 cyl. Are people having engine problems with the 6? Thank you for any thoughts and advice.
AFAIK. there is a fix for the 4 cyl problem, and also, it has only been experienced by owners of '11s that were built during a certain period. So, buy whichever engine you prefer.

·
Registered
949 Posts
We haven't seen any issues with the 2012 reported here, but it also hasn't been very long yet since they've been released. But, so far it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
tomdcj said:
Tom,

I am glad to hear that you are considering an Equinox. Good luck with your purchase and if you have any questions or concerns please feelf ree to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
44 Posts
After driving the 4 cylinder for 3 months I wish I had spent a little more money and gone with the v6. The 4 cylinder really is quite anemic pulling around this heavy little car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i agree but for the gas saving i would still take the I4...i test drove the v6 and it wasnt much better and didnt get as good MPG. the only thing i would of gotten is the AWD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts