GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 Equinox 4 Cyl LT1 9 days ago and I'm already regretting this purchase!!

first of all this Nox is not true to it's 22/32 MPG. I turn in my 2001 impala and it got better Gas mileage then this 4 cyl nox. I get 20 mpg freeway and city..

Second, I get this loud noise coming from the back while driving over 55 mph getting louder at 65 mph. I had an appointment Monday night (I got a courtesy loaner car) for the service department to check out the noise issue, add the new cross bars and to get a courtesy new purchase detail (I Purchased the nox at after 6pm and they couldn't do it on the weekend cus they were short handed so i ended up dropping the nox off).

When i got the Nox back, I notice the the detailing of the vehicle was a simple freakin car wash!!!! and they did a horrible job at that as well, but oh well I was more concern about the noise of the NOX, the cross bar looked nice and then we started to talk about the noise and they were telling me the the noise was the tires!? B-f'ing- S!!! I stated that I has a 72 blazer lifted and it didnt make noises as this nox did! then they told me to come in on Saturday cus they had a older tech with hearing problem inspect the Nox!? what kind of BS is this?!?!?!? I took it in on Sat morning to have a test drive with a different Tech. we took it for a spin and off the bat this tech said Its the bearing, the back bearing is bad.. Longer story short, they had to order the parts for the Nox (bearings, and a new center console (console was not flushed)). I still have to drive this Nox until my parts come in.

I have this car for less then 2 week and it's already having problems.. What happen to Quality control before leaving the manufacture for this crapy Canadian built crossover?? I think it was mistake for me to purchase this American Vehicle.. Wish i can get my money back..

·
Registered
87 Posts
The mileage gets better with time. I'm getting 27 city/highway combo in my AWD 2011 LTZ.

Regarding bad parts: I don't know of a car on the market that hasn't had problems. One of my friends bought a new Accura, and the battery was bad, along with a bad nav center. Another friend bought a Porche -- it was in the shop a week later. And my neighbor bought a BMW that hit the shop within three months due to some sort of engine problem. Stuff happens. Good dealers can handle it. You may wish to find a different dealer...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I really hope the MPG get's better then this, cus it was one of the major reason why I bought it.. maybe I should ask for an upgrade for the LT2..

well, we will see what happens after they fix this bearing and console issue.. if the MPG doesn't improve then I will take my losses and trade it in..

BTW, thanks for ur input.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Luckyhands said:
Well I really hope the MPG get's better then this, cus it was one of the major reason why I bought it.. maybe I should ask for an upgrade for the LT2..

well, we will see what happens after they fix this bearing and console issue.. if the MPG doesn't improve then I will take my losses and trade it in..

BTW, thanks for ur input.
For the money you will lose on a trade, you would be able to buy a heck of a lot of gas...

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Luckyhands said:
.. maybe I should ask for an upgrade for the LT2..
You can ask, but I think they'll laugh in your face. As far as MPG, give it s chance.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Everyone's mileage started off roughly around where you are. It DEFINITELY get's better over time. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm at about 13,000 miles now, and I get 27 mpg at about 70 mph. I average about 25 mpg for a tank with 70% hwy, 30% city (something like that).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sumr616 said:
Everyone's mileage started off roughly around where you are. It DEFINITELY get's better over time. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm at about 13,000 miles now, and I get 27 mpg at about 70 mph. I average about 25 mpg for a tank with 70% hwy, 30% city (something like that).
I really hope so. hope this forum is not run by Chevrolet stock holders.. lol

·
Registered
949 Posts
Luckyhands said:
I really hope so. hope this forum is not run by Chevrolet stock holders.. lol
I don't have enough money right now to own ANY stock! lol! But don't worry, as of now, your mileage is kind of on par with what everyone else experiences. Based on many experiences here (including mine), make sure to get your first oil change around 3,000 miles. The oil gets pretty dirty really quick with normal engine break-in. I know that with my car, there was a noticeable (not drastic, but enough to notice) improvement in mileage the day after the first oil change for my nox. So, give it time, it continues to slowly improve.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Luckyhands said:
I just purchased a 2012 Equinox 4 Cyl LT1 9 days ago and I'm already regretting this purchase!!

first of all this Nox is not true to it's 22/32 MPG. I turn in my 2001 impala and it got better Gas mileage then this 4 cyl nox. I get 20 mpg freeway and city..

Second, I get this loud noise coming from the back while driving over 55 mph getting louder at 65 mph. I had an appointment Monday night (I got a courtesy loaner car) for the service department to check out the noise issue, add the new cross bars and to get a courtesy new purchase detail (I Purchased the nox at after 6pm and they couldn't do it on the weekend cus they were short handed so i ended up dropping the nox off).

When i got the Nox back, I notice the the detailing of the vehicle was a simple freakin car wash!!!! and they did a horrible job at that as well, but oh well I was more concern about the noise of the NOX, the cross bar looked nice and then we started to talk about the noise and they were telling me the the noise was the tires!? B-f'ing- S!!! I stated that I has a 72 blazer lifted and it didnt make noises as this nox did! then they told me to come in on Saturday cus they had a older tech with hearing problem inspect the Nox!? what kind of BS is this?!?!?!? I took it in on Sat morning to have a test drive with a different Tech. we took it for a spin and off the bat this tech said Its the bearing, the back bearing is bad.. Longer story short, they had to order the parts for the Nox (bearings, and a new center console (console was not flushed)). I still have to drive this Nox until my parts come in.

I have this car for less then 2 week and it's already having problems.. What happen to Quality control before leaving the manufacture for this crapy Canadian built crossover?? I think it was mistake for me to purchase this American Vehicle.. Wish i can get my money back..
I would have to agree that it would be best to wait until vehicle break-in to get a fair estimate on fuel economy. However, I would be willing to look into your other conerns for you. Please feel free to contact me directly for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sumr616 said:
I don't have enough money right now to own ANY stock! lol! But don't worry, as of now, your mileage is kind of on par with what everyone else experiences. Based on many experiences here (including mine), make sure to get your first oil change around 3,000 miles. The oil gets pretty dirty really quick with normal engine break-in. I know that with my car, there was a noticeable (not drastic, but enough to notice) improvement in mileage the day after the first oil change for my nox. So, give it time, it continues to slowly improve.
thanks for the input. I really like this car but i really dont want to go broke while driving it! Living here in CA the gas prices is not easy on my wallet.. haa
So, i should get my first oil change at 3,000?! the service want me to come for my first service at 5,000 miles. so i just bring it in earlier?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I would have to agree that it would be best to wait until vehicle break-in to get a fair estimate on fuel economy. However, I would be willing to look into your other conerns for you. Please feel free to contact me directly for more assistance. Thank you.

what can you do!? I still have not received a call back from my Chevrolet service department on the status of the parts they order for my Nox. I been driving with this defective vehicle this whole time and the noise is simply irritating! this noise while driving is starting to give me headaches every time I'm driving for more then 25mins!.. ugh..

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Luckyhands said:
what can you do!? I still have not received a call back from my Chevrolet service department on the status of the parts they order for my Nox. I been driving with this defective vehicle this whole time and the noise is simply irritating! this noise while driving is starting to give me headaches every time I'm driving for more then 25mins!.. ugh..
I would be happy to set up a case for you tio better assist you work towards resolution. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Beware, maybe the mileage isn't as bad as you think. I do a manual computation and appears I get anywhere from 1-3 more MPG than the dash computer indicates. Read on one of these streams that others find the MPG off on the vehicle dash calculation. :confused:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yes, I would go ahead and go in for your first oil change around 3,000 miles, not 5,000, to be on the safe side. And yes, if you compute your mileage yourself, it's usually a little bit higher than what's on the DIC. Not always by very much, but sometimes it is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RetiredBuyer said:
Beware, maybe the mileage isn't as bad as you think. I do a manual computation and appears I get anywhere from 1-3 more MPG than the dash computer indicates. Read on one of these streams that others find the MPG off on the vehicle dash calculation. :confused:
thank you, i will keep this in mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update: I been driving with this bad bearing for over 21 days (1823 miles) and still have not heard back from the dealer if the parts has arrived yet. the car is starting to be a pain in the butt. this noise is driving me insane and I cant bare with it anymore.

Also, now my tranny is staring to skip on and off for the past 10 days and the front side windows make vibrate noises when i lower them..... what did i get myself into!!! I'm going to call the dealer about this issue today. I really tired of this. I love the Nox but sick on what i am going thru..

·
Registered
949 Posts
Luckyhands said:
Update: I been driving with this bad bearing for over 21 days (1823 miles) and still have not heard back from the dealer if the parts has arrived yet. the car is starting to be a pain in the butt. this noise is driving me insane and I cant bare with it anymore.

Also, now my tranny is staring to skip on and off for the past 10 days and the front side windows make vibrate noises when i lower them..... what did i get myself into!!! I'm going to call the dealer about this issue today. I really tired of this. I love the Nox but sick on what i am going thru..
That vibrating noise...is normal, just crack the other window on the same side of the car, and the vibrating noise will stop. It's due to the aerodynamics. Almost all cars will do this. (at least, the newer, more aerodynamic ones will)

As far as the parts ordered- give them a call. Ask them. And have them double check the number they have on file for you, my dealer happened to have a very random local phone number on file. I don't have a local phone number at all. Worth asking about though. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Luckyhands said:

Did you ever end up setting up a case regarding your concern? I would be happy to look into this further. Please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sumr616 said:
That vibrating noise...is normal, just crack the other window on the same side of the car, and the vibrating noise will stop. It's due to the aerodynamics. Almost all cars will do this. (at least, the newer, more aerodynamic ones will)

As far as the parts ordered- give them a call. Ask them. And have them double check the number they have on file for you, my dealer happened to have a very random local phone number on file. I don't have a local phone number at all. Worth asking about though. Good luck!
the vibrating noise happens when I'm parked and driving..

1 - 20 of 72 Posts