GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are threads asking what people dislike about their Nox. Wondering what everyone thinks of the 2012 Equinox specifically.

And don't get me wrong... I have only had mine for a month, but so far, I really like it a lot. Not too many true complaints for me. But if I could improve the Equinox to make it perfect for me, this is what I would change...

I have a 2012 LTZ.

Dislikes:

1. Can not see miles left once the low fuel warning comes on
2. You have to hold down the programmed seat buttons continuously until seat gets to pre-programmed position. In some other cars, you can sit down and tap the programmed button and it will move until it is in the programmed position.
3. Can not change color of ambient lighting like you can in other cars (i.e.. Ford Explorer)
4. No ambient lighting in the foot wells (not talking about courtesy lighting - I am talking about the foot wells being lit with the ice blue ambient lights)
5. No light in the glove box
6. This isn't so much a dislike as it is just a preference - wish the sunroof sliding cover was powered and not hand operated, so you could electronically open the cover without opening the sunroof - again, just a personal preference
7. Advertised MPG is a bit overstated
8. Wish you could pick a voice for the navi system (male or female). As it is, you can only have a female voice.
9. Not sure yet if I like the concept of having to insert key in ignition or not. Other newer SUVs have the keyless entry and starting where you just have to have the key fob in the vicinity, but you do not have to actually put the key in the ignition. that is nice because I notice that just after having mine for a month, the chrome on the ignition is already scratched up from putting the key into it. I know it is a small thing, but nonetheless, it bothers me just a little
10. clothes hanger/hook leaves a lot to be desired
11. Wish the spare was full size
12. Wish gas cap was on driver's side
13. Wish gas tank was the kind you open with a lever inside the car - I know that really doesn't keep thieves from stealing your gas if they really want to. But at least it makes it a little more difficult in my opinion.
14. Wish the second row had its own air vents/air controls

I know, of course, that there are other SUVs that have all the things I listed above. They cost a lot more. I was willing to do without these things in order to keep my car payments at what I felt like I could afford. So obviously they were not deal-breakers for me. But if I could build it like I would want it if I had the choice, then these are things I would change/add. I just like hearing what others' opinions are.

·
Registered
153 Posts
prissyrabbit said:
I know there are threads asking what people dislike about their Nox. Wondering what everyone thinks of the 2012 Equinox specifically.

And don't get me wrong... I have only had mine for a month, but so far, I really like it a lot. Not too many true complaints for me. But if I could improve the Equinox to make it perfect for me, this is what I would change...

I have a 2012 LTZ.

Dislikes:

1. Can not see miles left once the low fuel warning comes on
2. You have to hold down the programmed seat buttons continuously until seat gets to pre-programmed position. In some other cars, you can sit down and tap the programmed button and it will move until it is in the programmed position.
3. Can not change color of ambient lighting like you can in other cars (i.e.. Ford Explorer)
4. No ambient lighting in the foot wells (not talking about courtesy lighting - I am talking about the foot wells being lit with the ice blue ambient lights)
5. No light in the glove box
6. This isn't so much a dislike as it is just a preference - wish the sunroof sliding cover was powered and not hand operated, so you could electronically open the cover without opening the sunroof - again, just a personal preference
7. Advertised MPG is a bit overstated
8. Wish you could pick a voice for the navi system (male or female). As it is, you can only have a female voice.
9. Not sure yet if I like the concept of having to insert key in ignition or not. Other newer SUVs have the keyless entry and starting where you just have to have the key fob in the vicinity, but you do not have to actually put the key in the ignition. that is nice because I notice that just after having mine for a month, the chrome on the ignition is already scratched up from putting the key into it. I know it is a small thing, but nonetheless, it bothers me just a little
10. clothes hanger/hook leaves a lot to be desired
11. Wish the spare was full size
12. Wish gas cap was on driver's side
13. Wish gas tank was the kind you open with a lever inside the car - I know that really doesn't keep thieves from stealing your gas if they really want to. But at least it makes it a little more difficult in my opinion.
14. Wish the second row had its own air vents/air controls

I know, of course, that there are other SUVs that have all the things I listed above. They cost a lot more. I was willing to do without these things in order to keep my car payments at what I felt like I could afford. So obviously they were not deal-breakers for me. But if I could build it like I would want it if I had the choice, then these are things I would change/add. I just like hearing what others' opinions are.
A few comments:

1. I believe you can see the miles left once the fuel light is on until you have an estimated one gallon left (not positive about that number). My light goes on at 50 and usually says low fuel around 20, which is when I'm in a hurry to find a gas station
2. While I entirely agree it's annoying, it's a safety feature so the seat doesn't move to an entirely different position if you just tap it on accident.
6. Completely agree. Or at least automatically close with the thing.
9. I would love to have the keyless ignition. I've had it on rentals and it is very convenient not to have to fumble around with them to open the doors/start the car if it is in your pocket.
11. I was told it was a full size on the Terrain. Maybe I'll double check this
12-14. agree

Then adding,

1. remote windows down
2. Being able to open just the glass on the gate
3. Bluetooth music capabilities / a truthful salesman
4. HUD
5. Mirror turn signals
6. Blind spot alert
7. Seats that fold flat

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes - the flat folding seats.... that is one of my biggest dislikes that I forgot to mention!

I know this is a safety feature also, but would still like the option... I wish you could input an address/destination when car is moving. I know... not safe! But sometimes I want to change my path midstream and can't put in a different address until I stop.

I have not even gotten far enough to realize the back glass doesn't open. Awe man!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rear air vents. The loaner Buick LaCrosse I'm driving is a smaller vehicle and it has this option.

2012 GMC Terrain SLT2 Carbon Black/Gray interior

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
EquinoxFF1063 said:
An inside rear hatch release, with one on the key fob as well.
For $5, I can do that for you. Or, Just press the button up by the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
748 Posts
^^^ What button by the rearview mirror?

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
Well..My wife has a release button for her hatchback on her Equinox rearview mirror. Maybe it's only on an LTZ...?

·
Registered
194 Posts
IceMan said:
Well..My wife has a release button for her hatchback on her Equinox rearview mirror. Maybe it's only on an LTZ...?
Maybe it's a power lift gate thing. I have had that button in two differ 2lt's.

·
Registered
196 Posts
One more thing I find needs an update, without the interior lights on it can be hard to find theignition key hole with my silly switch blade type key. GM should add a Halo light around the key slot.

·
Registered
241 Posts
EquinoxFF1063 said:
One more thing I find needs an update, without the interior lights on it can be hard to find theignition key hole with my silly switch blade type key. GM should add a Halo light around the key slot.
I so agree with this!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I hate that the leather wrapped steering wheel no longer comes with the bluetooth, but you still pay more.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Dawgdaes said:
Maybe it's a power lift gate thing. I have had that button in two differ 2lt's.
It's a power lift gate thing. On the overhead console there is a 3 position rotary knob that let's you set the lift gate for full open, 3/4 open (designed for low clearance garages) and off. Pushing the knob opens the lift gate.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts