GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I *think* I understand at the present time (actually as of about 10 days ago, when I pressed my dealer to get direct information from Chevy) :cheers:. The Equinox MyLink is currently shipping only on the LTZ V6 model. Availability on the 2012 2LT should be sometime "this spring," and there is a hint that new information should be available in the near term. MyLink systems and Navi systems are mutually exclusive...you can order one or the other, but they are not compatible. The thing is, if you get MyLink, it is highly likely that there will (soon) be a "navi app" available that will allow you to use your iPhone as the Navi system base...just procure the appropriate app from the App Store, and connect thru MyLink as you would do to run say Pandora, which is presently featured thru MyLink. This has the advantage that the original iPhone navi app will be very cheap, and updates very cheap also, so you would save the original cost of the navi system, and probably get a more tractable navigation capability, able to be upgraded frequently at low cost, etc etc. Since we're personally ready to purchase a Nox 2LT, we plan to wait until all this can be demonstrated with no question (no promises from the dealer, etc). If it takes a few months, with the forthcoming 2013 Nox on the horizon with mid-model updates, we're likely to just wait for the 2013 vehicles to come on the market. That's the Nox plan from Knoxville, for now at least... :).

Larry

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
pretty much what we already have heard...

except the map app. which now makes sense why its either one radio or the other..

good info.thanks!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been waiting for so long for Intellilink/MyLink to come that i think i am going to just get a 2013 escape when it comes to market in the March/April/May time frame. A few things that it will have that i feel the terrain/nox is lacking are push button start, dual zone climate control, keyless entry, rear climate control, and obviously the infotainment system that has yet to appear. Its sad because I REALLY wanted a terrain this fall, but without the infotainment features, i just held off on getting it (Bluetooth audio was a deal breaker for me). Good for GM though because they are still selling through their inventory like crazy.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I know someone who has a ford with the 'MYsync' (whatever they call it)..and he has lots of issues with his..not connecting with phone or staying connected..he hates it..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its called My Ford Touch.

The first release of it wasn't the best, but they have been improving it, and the newest version is looking to be a lot better. I got to use it in a 2011 Ford Edge rental and i didn't have any issues with it other than it being a bit sluggish. I used it to do A2DP (Bluetooth audio) and was listening to Pandora and getting directions from my phones GPS at the same time. Nice stuff, but any car with A2DP could do the same thing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
rutger1413 said:
Its called My Ford Touch.

The first release of it wasn't the best, but they have been improving it, and the newest version is looking to be a lot better. I got to use it in a 2011 Ford Edge rental and i didn't have any issues with it other than it being a bit sluggish. I used it to do A2DP (Bluetooth audio) and was listening to Pandora and getting directions from my phones GPS at the same time. Nice stuff, but any car with A2DP could do the same thing.
It still amazes me that a car that has Bluetooth doesn't support A2DP like the Terrain and equinox. :banghead:

·
Registered
11 Posts
wkeatonjr said:
It still amazes me that a car that has Bluetooth doesn't support A2DP like the Terrain and equinox. :banghead:
Because the car doesn't, the Mirror does with OnStar. The information is shown on the radio, but from what i have heard it is purely an OnStar related feature with no access by anything else.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not sure why you guys are so annoyed with the lack of A2DP. IMO music sounds much better over USB, then BT. I use BT streaming in my other vehicle, and I'm less than impressed. Also, its a little more "laggy" when playing over BT. Not to mention that it will drain your battery a lot faster. So tell me again why would I want to play my music over BT rather than USB, while my phone is also charging?

·
Registered
55 Posts
CFRTim said:
Not sure why you guys are so annoyed with the lack of A2DP. IMO music sounds much better over USB, then BT. I use BT streaming in my other vehicle, and I'm less than impressed. Also, its a little more "laggy" when playing over BT. Not to mention that it will drain your battery a lot faster. So tell me again why would I want to play my music over BT rather than USB, while my phone is also charging?
Simple...no wires and my phone doesn't have to leave my pocket.

·
Registered
361 Posts
rutger1413 said:
it will. it will kill the battery. then if you use the gps the battery is a goner for sure

·
Registered
194 Posts
For two hundred dollars you could buy an iPod touch and then it never as to leave the console. a2dp is cool but it's not the be all end all.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Dawgdaes said:
For two hundred dollars you could buy an iPod touch and then it never as to leave the console. a2dp is cool but it's not the be all end all.
And then have your stereo act all stupid. The ipod interface on the 2012 is seriously lacking.

·
Registered
194 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
And then have your stereo act all stupid. The ipod interface on the 2012 is seriously lacking.
My works pretty good, much better then my 2010. I'm using an iPod touch not an iPhone.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Dawgdaes said:
My works pretty good, much better then my 2010. I'm using an iPod touch not an iPhone.
That's what I have too, an iPod Touch 32 GB. My issues...

1) It only shows 2002 songs instead of the 5000+ that I have. Now, it may play them all, but next to songs it says (2002) so I'm assuming it's missing quite a few.

2) When I turn the car on with it connected, if I was on XM or AM or something else when I shut it of it will sometimes switch to playing the ipod without me changing it when I start the vehicle again.

3) It will not play the last 20 seconds of any song.

4) If I select next track, it takes 10 seconds to do anything and then plays the next track 8 seconds into the song.

5) When starting the vehicle and switching to the ipod if I was say playing Shuffle for say Garth Brooks which has 5 albums, it will only shuffle the album the currently playing song is on. It forgets that I was shuffling all of Garth Brooks.

I've sent my dealership an email and they said they've never heard of it, but they aren't super familiar with the color touch radio. Their recommendation was a reset that I could do myself which would lose all my station preferences and everything else or I could bring it in to them to see if any updates are available but they couldn't think of any since mine is so new it should have all the ones they were showing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
rutger1413 said:
it will. it will kill the battery. then if you use the gps the battery is a goner for sure

·
Registered
194 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
That's what I have too, an iPod Touch 32 GB. My issues...

1) It only shows 2002 songs instead of the 5000+ that I have. Now, it may play them all, but next to songs it says (2002) so I'm assuming it's missing quite a few.

2) When I turn the car on with it connected, if I was on XM or AM or something else when I shut it of it will sometimes switch to playing the ipod without me changing it when I start the vehicle again.

3) It will not play the last 20 seconds of any song.

4) If I select next track, it takes 10 seconds to do anything and then plays the next track 8 seconds into the song.

5) When starting the vehicle and switching to the ipod if I was say playing Shuffle for say Garth Brooks which has 5 albums, it will only shuffle the album the currently playing song is on. It forgets that I was shuffling all of Garth Brooks.

I've sent my dealership an email and they said they've never heard of it, but they aren't super familiar with the color touch radio. Their recommendation was a reset that I could do myself which would lose all my station preferences and everything else or I could bring it in to them to see if any updates are available but they couldn't think of any since mine is so new it should have all the ones they were showing.
That's crazy. Make them give you a new radio. Maybe it will have a more current firmware maybe yours is corrupted. If I had to choose between that craziness and resetting my stations te choice is a no brainier.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have used a2dp on rentals before and the battery is fine. Obviously GPS crushes the battery but I know that going in. Its convenient only having to manage music on one device and I can use pandora or spotify if I choose.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I can also use Pandora via USB from my iPhone, or even better TuneIn Radio app. Don't need BT or Aux to stream any audio from my smartphone, and I still like the sound quality of a cable vs. wireless. Also, it's a lot more responsive when I switch between songs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts