GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My wife took her vehicle to the dealership to have some radio issues fixed. When she got the vehicle back the backup camera was not working at all. When the vehicle is put in reverse, the screen does not change at all. It's not engaging the camera it seems. the dealership accepts no responsibilities and says they would start by replacing the camera...

Any thoughts or help with this issue is greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hi all. My wife took her vehicle to the dealership to have some radio issues fixed. When she got the vehicle back the backup camera was not working at all. When the vehicle is put in reverse, the screen does not change at all. It's not engaging the camera it seems. the dealership accepts no responsibilities and says they would start by replacing the camera...

Any thoughts or help with this issue is greatly appreciated!!!!

There was a TSB for the 2012 Equinox for the rear view camera not working. It involved checking the wiring harness connector in the right front kick panel. I do not have a copy or a link, but have seen it posted previously.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine every once in awhile does not work, but if I tap on camera area on hatch comes back. Thinking might need to clean connectors. I seen aftermarket cams that look and connect to the equinox/terrain and look stock for around $30.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts