1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
698 Posts
From what I've read, all '12 Terrains will get the colour screen with nav being an option. Equinoxes will have both colour screens as options. Not sure what trim level the non-nav colour screen will be available with. I guess we'll find out in a couple of months...

ed.. oh and obviously you WILL lose money if you do what you propose... you'll have to decide whether pandora and a colour screen are worth +/- $10K lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been holding out for the 2012 b/c of this feature. Maybe the nav option wont cost over 2k any longer. If they drop the price down to about 500-1000 I may get the nav.....though at the same time, not being able to add a destination in while moving is BS.

·
Registered
698 Posts
rutger1413 said:
not being able to add a destination in while moving is BS.
This can be done via voice commands, can't it?

·
Registered
698 Posts
bwequinox said:
Will the pandora streaming and mylink be added to the 2011 Nox's?
Somehow I doubt it... there appear to be totally different buttons on the new headunit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terrain said:
Somehow I doubt it... there appear to be totally different buttons on the new headunit.
It's possible there could be a dealer installed upgrade for a new screen and ECM, but I would bet GM doesn't have enough supply of LCDs because of the Japanese tsunami/earthquake. They would want all the LCDs for new production vehicles. Plus, they want you to buy a new overpriced vehicle instead of upgrading your old one. If we could dump all the nanny-state mandated garbage we could have latest technology we want at less cost.

·
Registered
698 Posts
^ again I doubt it... for the reasons you specified or not. I mean, why would they even bother??? I doubt the vast majority would even know what Pandora IS, let alone want to drain their cellphone batteries streaming music.

You oddly expect the OEM latest technology to lack nannies?? Get real!! If you want the tech, get ready to PAY $$$$

·
Registered
50 Posts
GMJay said:
http://hothardware.com/News/2012-Chevy-Volt-And-Equinox-To-Gain-Pandora-Radio-Streaming-More/

I love the color LCD interface. Notice the lack of a Nav button on the console. Will this be the new base display?

Since used car prices are going up I am thinking about getting a trade-in work up when the 2012s hit the lots. I would like to have the new tech and the new brown color. I know, I know, like my friend says, "new cars are like crack."

What is the new brown color for 2012??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts