GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No problem, just new with a 2.4 ltr. Seems that with a light pedal, the transmission shifts smoothly, but has a slight noticable pause between each gear. Is this normal ? Thanks

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
EquinoxFF1063 said:
No problem, just new with a 2.4 ltr. Seems that with a light pedal, the transmission shifts smoothly, but has a slight noticable pause between each gear. Is this normal ? Thanks
Same drivetrain here, but I don't notice the pause, but I haven't had a slush-box for over 30 years !

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
28 Posts
EquinoxFF1063 said:
I have never really noticed a "pause" in between shifts. I will check tommorow and see if mine does it too.

·
Registered
194 Posts
More noticeable with eco on, but yes a bit of hesitation. Once I got used to it no problem

·
Registered
43 Posts
We are actually quite satisfied with the shifting of the 6 speed on the 'Nox. We moved from the POS variable x-mission on the Saturn Vue and could not be happier to have that behind us. Our daughter still has one of the Vue disasters and we are keeping our fingers crossed that she does not have problems before she can move on to another vehicle. We probably notice the shift more than most after 5 years of no shifts at all. It is slow sometimes at low throttle, but in this x-mission the lower gear clutch disengages before the next gear/clutch is engaged. I think this is the same reason for the complaint of letting off the throttle right be fore a shift caused a "hard shift". Overall we like the way it works, by the way we are always in ECO mode.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
More noticeable with eco on, but yes a bit of hesitation. Once I got used to it no problem
Yep, tested it today, you're correct. Nothing I would worry about though. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts