GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am happy to be joining the forum as the recent purchaser of a 2011 SLT2, which was entered into the manufacturing que yesterday - Quick Silver Metallic on the outside, and Light Titanium leather on the inside. I just got out of my 2004 Infiniti FX35, and wanted a 'truck / suv' with better mileage, so here I am! Just wondering out loud... any thoughts / feelings on whether or not GM will make any changes / improvements to the vehicle for '11? I know the body type is not going to change, and no new design elements will make an appearance, but how about any internal fixes? Being that I haven't been around here for very long, I don't know what the common complaints / issues are, so I look to you, the forum community for some insight. Any / all comments are welcome. Thanks again! Andrew

·
Registered
698 Posts
The only improvement was E85 for the V6 I believe.

On the SLT-2 I believe they deleted the LED pod for the reverse park assist, deleted the power port in the glove box, and something else I can't recall off the top of my head...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Terrain said:
The only improvement was E85 for the V6 I believe.

On the SLT-2 I believe they deleted the LED pod for the reverse park assist, deleted the power port in the glove box, and something else I can't recall off the top of my head...
They removed the power from the center console ??? I am really happy to have a 2010 :) I have my GPS connected to the front one... my cell phone to the one in the center console and the rear one get used by my electric cooler. The one for the rear seat rest empty if i need to connect my laptop :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
If memory serves... there was a thread on another website with the 2011 details.

Seem to recall something about the auto down windows. Oh yeah, something about the blue and white paints. New names/shades...

Someone will chime in if I'm mistaken.

·
Registered
830 Posts
GMC Terrain

Deletions

(GBA) Onyx Black
(GBX) Atlantic Blue Metallic
(GCD) Summit White

New Features

(LFW) 3.0L V6 SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) 264 hp [196.8 kW] @ 6950 rpm, 222 lb-ft [299.7 N-m] @ 5100 rpm) E85 FlexFuel Capable with (FE9) Federal emissions only.
(GLB) Steel Blue Metallic
(GAZ) Olympic White
OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan

·
Registered
830 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
GMC Terrain

Deletions

(GBA) Onyx Black
(GBX) Atlantic Blue Metallic
(GCD) Summit White

New Features

(LFW) 3.0L V6 SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) 264 hp [196.8 kW] @ 6950 rpm, 222 lb-ft [299.7 N-m] @ 5100 rpm) E85 FlexFuel Capable with (FE9) Federal emissions only.
(GLB) Steel Blue Metallic
(GAZ) Olympic White
OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan
I also prefer 1 year safe plan from onstar than a 6 month or directional onstar plan...

·
Registered
19 Posts
TerrainKamchi said:
Hi all, I am happy to be joining the forum as the recent purchaser of a 2011 SLT2, which was entered into the manufacturing que yesterday - Quick Silver Metallic on the outside, and Light Titanium leather on the inside. I just got out of my 2004 Infiniti FX35, and wanted a 'truck / suv' with better mileage, so here I am! Just wondering out loud... any thoughts / feelings on whether or not GM will make any changes / improvements to the vehicle for '11? I know the body type is not going to change, and no new design elements will make an appearance, but how about any internal fixes? Being that I haven't been around here for very long, I don't know what the common complaints / issues are, so I look to you, the forum community for some insight. Any / all comments are welcome. Thanks again! Andrew
What is the MSRP for the 2011 Terrain SLT-2 ?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I believe it's being replaced with Olympic White.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! Thank you for all that great information. Is there a link to see these change logs? I would also love to see what the steely blue chip looks like... I got silver, but am always open to steely blues as a change from always having gray cars. I have so many questions, and I am excited to begin this journey. I am curious if people have hit on the best oil / filter for changes, can the truck be lowered a little with springs, and if so, which are the best, and what is considered the best site or two for aftermarket accessories. I am already eyeing the mesh grill and weathertech mat package, but am always open to more / cool stuff. I would also like to get mirrors with blinkers embedded in them, but I don't know if they even exist for this vehicle yet, and am beyond surprised that GMC didn't include it. I guess you can't expect / get everything for $32,000.00, but it doesn't hurt to dream, right?!?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am to pick mine up in a few hours. Pretty exciting .... except for the payments :( I have not had car payments for 6 years.

I will post my impressions as they develop

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
TerrainKamchi said:
from article on MSN.....

Here are GMC's plans for the 2011-13 model years.

Terrain: The five-seat crossover may get a high-end Denali version in the 2012 model year. A freshening will come in the 2013 model year. The Terrain may receive a hybrid version around the 2014 model year.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=1791815&_blg=6,1796042

·
Registered
321 Posts
NY_Joe said:
from article on MSN.....

Here are GMC's plans for the 2011-13 model years.

Terrain: The five-seat crossover may get a high-end Denali version in the 2012 model year. A freshening will come in the 2013 model year. The Terrain may receive a hybrid version around the 2014 model year.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=1791815&_blg=6,1796042
GMC = TOUGH! Tough looking. tough acting, and tough feeling. The ride however is quite refined. Sort of like a tank in a Tux.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
TerrainKamchi said:
Wow! Thank you for all that great information. Is there a link to see these change logs? I would also love to see what the steely blue chip looks like... I got silver, but am always open to steely blues as a change from always having gray cars. I have so many questions, and I am excited to begin this journey. I am curious if people have hit on the best oil / filter for changes, can the truck be lowered a little with springs, and if so, which are the best, and what is considered the best site or two for aftermarket accessories. I am already eyeing the mesh grill and weathertech mat package, but am always open to more / cool stuff. I would also like to get mirrors with blinkers embedded in them, but I don't know if they even exist for this vehicle yet, and am beyond surprised that GMC didn't include it. I guess you can't expect / get everything for $32,000.00, but it doesn't hurt to dream, right?!?
I'll be very interested to hear how your Terrain compares to the more expensive Infiniti you were driving! There aren't any signifigant changes for the 2011 Terrain/Nox because GM did a good job of getting it right the first go around....and they had five years (starting with the 05 Nox) to work out the kinks of the basic platform before the 2010 redesign and introduction of the Terrain as a new model.

·
Registered
28 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
They removed the power from the center console ??? I am really happy to have a 2010 :)
FYI my 2011 Terrain SLT2 v6 AWD has a total of 4 power outlets, center console right under CD Slot, right under the USB port in the center console, one right behind it for the back seat passengers next to the aux ports and one in the trunk.

·
Registered
978 Posts
CBMSLT2AWD said:
FYI my 2011 Terrain SLT2 v6 AWD has a total of 4 power outlets, center console right under CD Slot, right under the USB port in the center console, one right behind it for the back seat passengers next to the aux ports and one in the trunk.
I think he made a typo...LOL...if you reread his post...he has his cell phone powered by the one in the center console...good catch though...no one else caught it for 8 months...hahaha

SuperMat64 said:
They removed the power from the center console ??? I am really happy to have a 2010 :) I have my GPS connected to the front one... my cell phone to the one in the center console and the rear one get used by my electric cooler. The one for the rear seat rest empty if i need to connect my laptop :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts