GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem. Daylight driving with Auto Lights selected. Rain Clouds dash lights bright indicating daylight, however headlights are on. This condition occurs several times during the day. Headlights on then off. Is there two sensors, one for dash and other for headlights?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Are you sure you're not confusing the headlights with the daytime running lights? They stay on during the day and at night ( or when the car thinks its night) the rest of the exterior lights come on. And vice-versa for daytime. But if you have auto-lights selected then it sounds like normal operation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gmiemigrad said:
The green indicator on the dash at the bottom of the tachometer indicates when headlights are on (as opposed to just the daytime running lights)

I have noticed this in multiple vehicles - the headlights come on at one level of darkness (overcast, cloudy, under a bridge) but it has to be darker for the instrument panel lights to dim. The same sensor is used for both as the sensor feeds the BCM and it controls all of the lighting.
This is exactly what I have noticed. I wonder if there is an adjustment for sensitivity?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phantm006 said:
Are you sure you're not confusing the headlights with the daytime running lights? They stay on during the day and at night ( or when the car thinks its night) the rest of the exterior lights come on. And vice-versa for daytime. But if you have auto-lights selected then it sounds like normal operation.
[/quote
No I am sure it is the headlights. Can stop and put in Park and they remain on. My other vehicle is a 2008 Silverado 2500HD and I have never noticed headlights coming on in daytime no mater how cloudy it was. I believe this Terrain is over sensitive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't seen it mentioned in the manual, but I believe the headlights will come on if the wipers have been going for a certain period of time, regardless of how bright it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts