GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Terrain :confused:in instead of a Jeep or a Kia, and thought I was making the right Choice. Now I am not quite so sure. I have only gotten 15mpg in town, and 21 on the highway for the past 7 thousand miles. Sometimes it starts up with a rattle, and occasionally the check engine light comes on just for a few seconds. I took it to the dealership where I purchased it twice, and they said there was nothing they could do. Once they changed a transmission sensor "for the heck of it, to see if it helps." So I took it to another dealership, who found three codes. This is what my paperwork says, "Found Oil Reside at Front timing cover pulled and found timing cover gasket leaking install new timing cover gasket leaking install new timing cover gasket. Rattle noise is caused by lack of oil in the intake and exhaust actuators and also found loose terminal at the inlet air temp sensor terminal a yellow wire repaired terminal." Doesn't sound like it was a good idea to drive it 7,000 miles this way. Then when I picked it up, they said that they see a small transmission fluid leak, so they added some dye and asked me to bring it back in a few thousand miles for a check up so they can trace the dye. They did not note this anywhere on my paperwork. I feel like no one is truthful, and I'm not really sure what is going on with my Terrain. Anyone with any ideas please let me know!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Do some research on this forum and you will find lots,,lots...lots of info on theses topics...They are looking in the right area...They just need to pull some info from GM...(recalls, Tech Service Bulletins)..

I have had the rattling noise since Feb/March of this year..I still have it..after 5 service repairs..and thats just me..there are others. GM is aware of this issue, and our working on a solution...just not fast enough for me..

The MPG...well Im getting about 19 MPG on my AWD I-4...on average.

( I dont know if the moderators want to run another " 2011 Terrain Issues" thread ...regarding these issues.Lots of threads already currently active on the topics. maybe close this one..JMO)

·
Registered
368 Posts
wrusprod said:
Do some research on this forum and you will find lots,,lots...lots of info on theses topics...They are looking in the right area...They just need to pull some info from GM...(recalls, Tech Service Bulletins)..

I have had the rattling noise since Feb/March of this year..I still have it..after 5 service repairs..and thats just me..there are others. GM is aware of this issue, and our working on a solution...just not fast enough for me..

The MPG...well Im getting about 19 MPG on my AWD I-4...on average.

( I dont know if the moderators want to run another " 2011 Terrain Issues" thread ...regarding these issues.Lots of threads already currently active on the topics. maybe close this one..JMO)
+1

No need to have multiple threads on the same topic.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
vlblossom said:
I bought my Terrain :confused:in instead of a Jeep or a Kia, and thought I was making the right Choice. Now I am not quite so sure. I have only gotten 15mpg in town, and 21 on the highway for the past 7 thousand miles. Sometimes it starts up with a rattle, and occasionally the check engine light comes on just for a few seconds. I took it to the dealership where I purchased it twice, and they said there was nothing they could do. Once they changed a transmission sensor "for the heck of it, to see if it helps." So I took it to another dealership, who found three codes. This is what my paperwork says, "Found Oil Reside at Front timing cover pulled and found timing cover gasket leaking install new timing cover gasket leaking install new timing cover gasket. Rattle noise is caused by lack of oil in the intake and exhaust actuators and also found loose terminal at the inlet air temp sensor terminal a yellow wire repaired terminal." Doesn't sound like it was a good idea to drive it 7,000 miles this way. Then when I picked it up, they said that they see a small transmission fluid leak, so they added some dye and asked me to bring it back in a few thousand miles for a check up so they can trace the dye. They did not note this anywhere on my paperwork. I feel like no one is truthful, and I'm not really sure what is going on with my Terrain. Anyone with any ideas please let me know!
I can also look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me privately with more information. Be sure to include your VIN as well. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts