GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2011 Terrain Insurance

11K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  RNOX 
#1 ·
Anyone have any luck with an auto insurance company that can actually quote the cost of insurance for a 2011 Terrain when you provide them the VIN?

I've contacted Nationwide and they're trouble coming up with a number. I also contacted an agent for Travellers and they haven't been able to give me a rate either. Apparently the model and VIN is so new that they're not finding the rates in their systems.

#4 ·
Travellers finally gave me a rate which was for a 2010 Terrain. The 2011s are not in their system.

#5 ·
My insurance company gave me coverage immediately when I called. Odd that any major insurance company would not be able to do that on a vehicle that's been around as long as the Terrain has.

#9 ·
DavidPJ said:
Anyone have any luck with an auto insurance company that can actually quote the cost of insurance for a 2011 Terrain when you provide them the VIN?

I've contacted Nationwide and they're trouble coming up with a number. I also contacted an agent for Travellers and they haven't been able to give me a rate either. Apparently the model and VIN is so new that they're not finding the rates in their systems.
No problem getting rate info with Allstate

#11 ·
buckeyeterrain said:
Nationwide was able to give me a quote and now coverage for my 2011 Terrain back in mid-September.
After 2 weeks I'm still waiting for Nationwide to give me a rate! We are covered, it's just that I don't know how much it costs. I know my agent well and I vented on him about it. He said he's still waiting to hear from the underwriter and he checks status on a daily basis.

#12 ·
DavidPJ said:
After 2 weeks I'm still waiting for Nationwide to give me a rate! We are covered, it's just that I don't know how much it costs. I know my agent well and I vented on him about it. He said he's still waiting to hear from the underwriter and he checks status on a daily basis.
My agent finally gave me the Nationwide rate today.

#13 ·
Is anyone willing to post a ballpark answer of what they are paying for insurance, and in what state? I am curious to see the difference in insurance pricing for each state. I do understand there are a lot of factors when it comes to pricing, ie; Bundling, Safe drivers, etc. Just would like to see what people are forking out, especially in California where I am, very expensive out here!. :lame:

Thanks! ;D

#15 ·
600,000 liablity insurance is not adeqaute if you get sued. If you have 600,000 and have an unbrella policy you should be able to reduce the 600,000 liabilty and lower your rates and be covered for other lawsuits (I'm assuming that is the 2nd mutiple) You should have an unbrella policy for at least 1 million or even 2.

Many factors that relate to price even within a state. Look for discounts (multiline line, safe driver etc.) to keep your rates down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.