GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any luck with an auto insurance company that can actually quote the cost of insurance for a 2011 Terrain when you provide them the VIN?

I've contacted Nationwide and they're trouble coming up with a number. I also contacted an agent for Travellers and they haven't been able to give me a rate either. Apparently the model and VIN is so new that they're not finding the rates in their systems.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Travellers finally gave me a rate which was for a 2010 Terrain. The 2011s are not in their system.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My insurance company gave me coverage immediately when I called. Odd that any major insurance company would not be able to do that on a vehicle that's been around as long as the Terrain has.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have progressive for my 2011 Terrain, and so far, they have saved me over $150.00 / year from what I was paying for my 2004 Infiniti FX 35 - and they said that if I take a defensive driving class, I will save another $120.00 / year for 3 years.... off to class I go!!

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Not sure where you're from, but in NYS, you can take defensive driving online for credit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
DavidPJ said:
Anyone have any luck with an auto insurance company that can actually quote the cost of insurance for a 2011 Terrain when you provide them the VIN?

I've contacted Nationwide and they're trouble coming up with a number. I also contacted an agent for Travellers and they haven't been able to give me a rate either. Apparently the model and VIN is so new that they're not finding the rates in their systems.
No problem getting rate info with Allstate

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
buckeyeterrain said:
Nationwide was able to give me a quote and now coverage for my 2011 Terrain back in mid-September.
After 2 weeks I'm still waiting for Nationwide to give me a rate! We are covered, it's just that I don't know how much it costs. I know my agent well and I vented on him about it. He said he's still waiting to hear from the underwriter and he checks status on a daily basis.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DavidPJ said:
After 2 weeks I'm still waiting for Nationwide to give me a rate! We are covered, it's just that I don't know how much it costs. I know my agent well and I vented on him about it. He said he's still waiting to hear from the underwriter and he checks status on a daily basis.
My agent finally gave me the Nationwide rate today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is anyone willing to post a ballpark answer of what they are paying for insurance, and in what state? I am curious to see the difference in insurance pricing for each state. I do understand there are a lot of factors when it comes to pricing, ie; Bundling, Safe drivers, etc. Just would like to see what people are forking out, especially in California where I am, very expensive out here!. :lame:

Thanks! ;D

·
Registered
116 Posts
2011 SLT 2 in Missouri. 600,000 liability,med pmts,uninsured vehicle,and underinsured vehicle. 250 ded on comp and 500 col. $406.23 for six months This is a V-6

·
Registered
977 Posts
600,000 liablity insurance is not adeqaute if you get sued. If you have 600,000 and have an unbrella policy you should be able to reduce the 600,000 liabilty and lower your rates and be covered for other lawsuits (I'm assuming that is the 2nd mutiple) You should have an unbrella policy for at least 1 million or even 2.

Many factors that relate to price even within a state. Look for discounts (multiline line, safe driver etc.) to keep your rates down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts