Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUPERCHARGER?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2011 TERRAIN V6 AWD. I AM SICKEND BY THE LACK OF POWER WITH THE V6. I LIVE IN THE MOUNTAINS OF COLORADO AND I NEED MORE POWER. DOES ANY ONE KNOW ANY GOOD MODS TO GIVE ME SOME PEP? I KNOW ABOUT INTAKES BUT I KIND OF WANT TO FIND MORE THAN THAT IF POSSIBLE. MAYBE A SUPERCHARGER? WILL THE MOTOR HOLD UP WITH A SUPERCHARGER? I DONT WANT TO DO AN ENGINE SWAP OR ANYTHING BUT SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE!!!! PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
REALY? NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THIS WAY?

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
adamkatheiser said:
I HAVE A 2011 TERRAIN V6 AWD. I AM SICKEND BY THE LACK OF POWER WITH THE V6. I LIVE IN THE MOUNTAINS OF COLORADO AND I NEED MORE POWER. DOES ANY ONE KNOW ANY GOOD MODS TO GIVE ME SOME PEP? I KNOW ABOUT INTAKES BUT I KIND OF WANT TO FIND MORE THAN THAT IF POSSIBLE. MAYBE A SUPERCHARGER? WILL THE MOTOR HOLD UP WITH A SUPERCHARGER? I DONT WANT TO DO AN ENGINE SWAP OR ANYTHING BUT SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE!!!! PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING...
Is it that much slower than it was when you did the test drive before you purchased ?

Maybe you should have purchased a Porsche Cayenne Turbo - or give it some time to break in. It will get faster as it loosens up.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
How about turning the all caps off...? It's really not neccessary. Even us old folks can read the regular type.
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about the caps. I dont want a Porsche. I dont even need it to be able to do 150mph. I am just frusterated that when i push down on my throttle, it takes 15 min for anything to happen. If im on the interstate, and want to pass someone, I have to have 10 miles clear. And if there is ANY hill, Forget about it all together. I just think it needs a little "pep"

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I just went from the I-4 Terrain to the V6 Terrain...Im very happy with the V6 performance so far. I understand it gets better with miles too..

I have had a 4 cylinder for the past 6 years, V6's before that...so maybe Im just giddy about being in a V6 again!

Poll should also have 'leave it as is'.

intake or exhaust mods will give you very little in HP, maybe some torque...for noticable power, supercharger or turbo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have 15000 miles already. ( I know I drive alot) I think its broken in. i cant find a supercharger anywhere. any ideas?

·
Registered
682 Posts
If it is taking you 15 min to be able to pass someone then you might have to check and see if someone is messing with and attached an anchor to your vehicle. Yes I do realize that you are exaggerating the 15 min . Besides that I find that the power to be quite adequate for passing even on hills in the BC mountains ( v6 awd ) maybe have your dealer check for codes and to see if the transmission is down shifting for you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If the V6 isn't "powerful" enough for your needs, you may have purchased the wrong car. You should have gotten somthing with a LS engine under the hood, a car with a manual transmission, or do some downshifting with the Terrain's auto to get the RPMs into its power band.

Almost any "backyard" modification will be costly i.e. adding a turbo, sc etc and the need to reprogram the computer and lose the warrenty.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Not sure at what RPM the VVT kicks in, (4000?), but other that trading UP, the only 'mods' that are readily available, and I'm not sure about that, are the cold air intake and a custom exhaust. Neither of which will net you much power.

The "Y" pipe at the bottom of the engine LOOKS like the most restrictive part. That and eliminating the resonator will cost you.

My 2¢

·
Registered
35 Posts
Only option for.more power is a custom Turbo setup...will run.close to3-4k...if not way more seeing hoe you would probably be the first to do so

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
andyacer03 said:
Only option for.more power is a custom Turbo setup...will run.close to3-4k...
Not only??
A supercharger would be easier to install than a turbo my Hubby informs me.
And a turbo would run more $$, two turbos would be neccessary so major piping and an air to air cooler to boot.
Some Mustang guys have done a rear mounted exhaust turbo set-up, that would be less $$ than the first option.

Slap a blower on it with meth injection - much less parts are needed.
Hmm I should get him to look into this for me a little more ;)
[/color]

adamkatheiser said:
Sorry about the caps. I dont want a Porsche. I dont even need it to be able to do 150mph. I am just frusterated that when i push down on my throttle, it takes 15 min for anything to happen. If im on the interstate, and want to pass someone, I have to have 10 miles clear. And if there is ANY hill, Forget about it all together. I just think it needs a little "pep"
What I have noticed from upgrading to a MY12 from a MY11 V6, is noticably more pep. Not all engines are going to perform the same, perhaps you just simply got a 'lazy' engine. [/color]

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
POLRCUB said:
[/color]
Nice to have your own Tuner Shop only steps away !

:wine:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
RIT333 said:
Nice to have your own Tuner Shop only steps away !

:wine:
Lol, ya pretty much,,, :thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
POLRCUB said:
Not only??
A supercharger would be easier to install than a turbo my Hubby informs me.
And a turbo would run more $$, two turbos would be neccessary so major piping and an air to air cooler to boot.
Some Mustang guys have done a rear mounted exhaust turbo set-up, that would be less $$ than the first option.

Slap a blower on it with meth injection - much less parts are needed.
[/color]

What I have noticed from upgrading to a MY12 from a MY11 V6, is noticably more pep. Not all engines are going to perform the same, perhaps you just simply got a 'lazy' engine. [/color]

That's fine and all...but THEY DON'T A SUPERCHARGER for this application...never will...Turbo is full custom and you can throw one.on anything

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I never mentioned that 'they' had one.
You can throw on a blower like one can 'throw on' a turbo,
Merely stating that a supercharger may be less $$ than a turbo set-up. That is all.
[/color]

·
Registered
35 Posts
POLRCUB said:
I never mentioned that 'they' had one.
You can throw on a blower like one can 'throw on' a turbo,
Merely stating that a supercharger may be less $$ than a turbo set-up. That is all.
[/color]
Well it makes nosense to even bring some thing up that doesn't even exist or isn't even feasible

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds like an altitude issue, maybe a bad sensor? Engines actually need to be leaned out at a higher altitude though in the old days we just unplugged a vacuum hose and did a turn or two of the carb idle screws. Now its all sensors. But I would agree for mountains especially HIGH mountains a V8 would be better, the engine should be checked out, get it on a dynonometer and see if its actually making power.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts