GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm writing this from the parking lot of Lowes, where I'm stuck. I came out after shopping, got in and started it up. I put it in drive, it moved about two feet, then the transmission apparently slipped into neutral. I can go in reverse, but I can't go forward. When I put it in forward, it acts as if it is still in neutral. Reverse works fine. Any ideas? I'm hoping the transmission is bad because I'm only $5k miles out of warranty.

Kevin

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yikes!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
NickPapagiorgio said:
I'm writing this from the parking lot of Lowes, where I'm stuck. I came out after shopping, got in and started it up. I put it in drive, it moved about two feet, then the transmission apparently slipped into neutral. I can go in reverse, but I can't go forward. When I put it in forward, it acts as if it is still in neutral. Reverse works fine. Any ideas? I'm hoping the transmission is bad because I'm only $5k miles out of warranty.

Kevin
5 Years 100,00 power train??????

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Kevin,

Has your concern been resolved? I assume that you have spoken with your local dealer. Please keep me posted as I am interested to hear the results. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Drive it BACK(Wards) to the dealer.... ;D. Sorry i know its not funny but couldnt resist. Tow it back to closest dealer. Hopefuly its just a comp glitch. If that was me id be raising hell considering my 16k tburon with 160k mi has less problems than this 30k with 10k mi equinox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out it was the tramission control module and a soliniod that went bad. I had it towed to the dealer Sunday evening and had it back Wednesday afternoon. It was all covered under the 5-year/100k warranty so no out-of-pocket expenses for me.

Kevin

·
Registered
949 Posts
NickPapagiorgio said:
Turns out it was the tramission control module and a soliniod that went bad. I had it towed to the dealer Sunday evening and had it back Wednesday afternoon. It was all covered under the 5-year/100k warranty so no out-of-pocket expenses for me.

Kevin
Wow, a bad solenoid can cause that? That's crazy. Glad it was worked out though.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Sumr616 said:
Wow, a bad solenoid can cause that? That's crazy. Glad it was worked out though.
Used to be transmission problems were mechanical - now, they can be either mechanical or electrical - ouch ! Technology ! :banghead:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kevin,
Used to be transmission problems were mechanical - now, they can be either mechanical or electrical - ouch ! Technology ! :banghead:

Has your concern been resolved? I assume that you have spoken with your local dealer. Please keep me posted as I am interested to hear the results. Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

Kevin
my sons cars is doing the same exact thing, is there a recall on this ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kevin,

[/QUOTE]
Not to sure how to fix this , he is going to buy a Toyota

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,847 Posts
[/QUOTE]
He said (10 years ago) it was a solenoid inside the TCM (Transmission Control Module). Gotta open up that TECHM on the side of the transmission and fix what’s broken in there. That’s better than tearing into the mechanics of a transmission

·
Registered
3 Posts
He said (10 years ago) it was a solenoid inside the TCM (Transmission Control Module). Gotta open up that TECHM on the side of the transmission and fix what’s broken in there. That’s better than tearing into the mechanics of a transmission
[/QUOTE]
Ok I need to research more about the Techm

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,847 Posts
Ok I need to research more about the Techm
[/QUOTE]
It’s actually “TEHCM”, but search both ways since people sometimes flip the C and H (like I did ... knew that was wrong).

Have you tried replacing some of the fluid first? I might even try filtering the fluid that comes out to see if there’s any evidence in there - like bits of plastic from those membranes?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts