GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally took the giant leap and did it. I converted to a duel exhaust system on my 2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2. From the CAT back I had: Hemi super turbo made by Dynomax, 22" universal glass pack resignator down the center, 2 chrome turn down tips. I only did the resignator because it was a bit to loud. It has a great sound and does not sound like a fart in a can. I live in southern CA and Warner's Mufflers did the deed. They did a great job.

2011 GMC Terrain single exhaust

2011 GMC Terrain duel exhaust

I will post another video tomorrow with the resignator on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
ToeNuttz said:
Well, I finally took the giant leap and did it. I converted to a duel exhaust system on my 2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2. From the CAT back I had: Hemi super turbo made by Dynomax, 22" universal glass pack resignator down the center, 2 chrome turn down tips. I only did I the resignator because it was a bit to loud. It has a great sound and does not sound like a fart in a can. I live in southern CA and Warner's Mufflers did the deed. They did a great job.

If anyone knows how to load video, please let me know. I would like to share a before and after video clip.
Thread is useless without pics!!! Got some?!?! :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I always find it odd to see an I4 with duel exhaust..

Any throttle response change? or just cosmetic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wrusprod said:

Any throttle response change? or just cosmetic.
Yes, there is more response in the throttle. Not a terrific amount, but it is noticeable.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
nice, looking forward to videos!...( you can sign in and create a youtube account...its simple.)

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
wrusprod said:
Most Subbies, and the 4 cyl Altima has duals. I like the look.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wrusprod said:
nice, looking forward to videos!...( you can sign in and create a youtube account...its simple.)
Videos posted

·
Registered
297 Posts
ToeNuttz said:
Yes, there is more response in the throttle. Not a terrific amount, but it is noticeable.
Did you notice this in addition to the K&N intake? What was the K&N like by itself?

Cool...I really like the looks of what you did. I think the only thing I would try differently is to emulate the V6 exhaust and try to route the tails out through the bumper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can u do a video of you revving it so.we can hear the sound? I've been throwing this same.idea around since I bought my nox a while ago...looks awesome tho

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jstpsntym said:
Did you notice this in addition to the K&N intake? What was the K&N like by itself?

Cool...I really like the looks of what you did. I think the only thing I would try differently is to emulate the V6 exhaust and try to route the tails out through the bumper.
When I had just the K&N on it, all the "noise" was up front. What I mean by noise is: the air getting sucked into the intake. My Terrain had a very good increase when I installed the K&N. Once the duel exhaust went on all the "noise" was evenly placed front to back and it was a good sound.

I didn't want everyone to think I have a V6 by going out the bumper. I like this look and wanted it to look different. There was even talk about running the duel exhaust out the center fascia once it was trimmed. I said no to the idea because maybe I would want to put a hitch mount on one day, and I didn't want it to look like a Cooper.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
andyacer03 said:
Can u do a video of you revving it so.we can hear the sound? I've been throwing this same.idea around since I bought my nox a while ago...looks awesome tho
Here is your video request.

2011 GMC Terrain duel exhaust 2

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
WOW! looks and sounds great!!..

You can get away with it on a SUV or larger vehicle...

but my comment regarding Odd on a I4, is when you know its running a 4 cylinder...and has duels...Ah, maybe its just me..

but again...OP great job!...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks very nice & sounds good, Your exhaust man did a rel good job
Don1948

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds awesome man...I think I'm.gonna go with a.magnaflow but.will be similar setup

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
truckweb said:
Sound awesome, is it possible to say how much that mod cost you?
I sent you a PM

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts