GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a '11 Nox and would like to put a roof rack on but dont want to spend 400 bucks to do it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I just checked both Thule and Yakima...

Without at least the Factory OEM side rails (the ones that run the length of the vehicle)
you are out of luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i guess the eyes will be peeled for a set of side rails then ???

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
tazbee67 said:
I would suggest either Junk Yards or GMPartsDirect.COM for the rails. I can't see why anyone would want to takes theirs off their car and sell them, and leave their roof with 4+ holes - but I suppose stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
468 Posts
RIT333 said:
I would suggest either Junk Yards or GMPartsDirect.COM for the rails. I can't see why anyone would want to takes theirs off their car and sell them, and leave their roof with 4+ holes - but I suppose stranger things have happened.
Taking them off dont leave any holes, there are bolts welded into the roof that stick straight up where the rails bolt onto. 4 on each side, i have a pic of them in the gallery someplace. I took my rails off and had a nightmare trade with someone on the forum who isnt active anymore and I replaced my rails with a basket rack.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Ah, that is a good setup - no chance (or less chance) of leaking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
tazbee67 said:
Anyluck finding rails yet? I have the same issue. Bought on price and not on spec. Awesome vehicle but shy on space. Could really use the roof rack for a top cargo carrier.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
What about those temporary ones with the suction cups and straps? Or are those too flimsy?
Do you want to mount the roof rack permanently or just temporary?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was looking for the permanent roof rack bu having a hard time finding a set in the junk yards

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
still looking for a set of side rails anyboby want to trade for my rail moldings?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump in the night

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll be cross state driving this summer, into Portland. There is a specialty shop there called Rack Attack that makes custom roof racks for any vehicle; but the downside is it being custom means "custom" prices expected like charges of labor fees.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It would be cheaper to install a hitch and mount bikes or cargo storage that way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
mIX said:
It would be cheaper to install a hitch and mount bikes or cargo storage that way.
I thought about that, but then you have no access to the rear hatch without taking the hitch mounted (Box/Bike/Whatever) off. Way inconvenient!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Some bike racks will swing down/outward so you can still get into the hatch, just a thought.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts