GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure what’s happening but I’m on my second pair of breaks in two years. Front breaks and rotors. The mechanic says you must break a lot. I really don’t. The pads still have life but when I break the steering wheel shakes something aweful. One mechanic said Chevy breaks wear fast and he has seen a defective issue with the rotors. Said they don’t make them to last. Total BS. I have been taking my LTZ only to a Chevy dealerships for service. Also, had a issue the water pump, cost a small fortune!! The one dealership I went to 3x couldn’t figure it out, even with my video of the redish drip. Went to another dealership figure it on the spot! I called Chevy corporate number and guess what they don’t care!! This is my first Chevy and unfortunately do to bad service will be last. Hoping my LTZ lasts a bit longer without pouring a ton of money into it!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I always install brakes. Maybe breaks don’t last as long?

And how much are those steering wheels costing you?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Depends on the parts used sometimes. Or resurfacing the rotors usually results in runout pretty quickly too. Get some premium rotors and pads and those brakes won't break near as fast. Usually a water pump outlasts two or three owners of these vehicles.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If I were you, Id buy a tq wrench.
If you get the vehicle serviced- when you pull out of the shop and get home... or around the corner

Loosen the bolts with a wrench.
Then take that Tq-wrench- and tighten them up in the star pattern to the spec in the manual.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Since this is a 11 model year, I think there is more going on here than Brakes. A good front end inspection by a good frontend shop in order to eliminate, sway bar bushings, Front Struts, bearings and finally the front brakes. Good luck with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts