GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one experience vivration on a V6 LTZ when you steer the car while you are stoped? I just took mine in today to the dealer and they have no clue, they will check on it tomorrow and let me know what they find, my wife's 20011 LS 4 cilynder don't do it...and mine started doing it after the 1000miles it din't do it before it has 1300 miles now..

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hondarrr said:
Has any one experience vivration on a V6 LTZ when you steer the car while you are stoped? I just took mine in today to the dealer and they have no clue, they will check on it tomorrow and let me know what they find, my wife's 20011 LS 4 cilynder don't do it...and mine started doing it after the 1000miles it din't do it before it has 1300 miles now..
Could be a bad steering box.

Your V6 LTZ has hydraulic power steering whereas the 4 cyl. LS is electric power steering, so there is a difference between the systems of your two vehicles.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah, kind of. Don't think the steering system is strong enough IMHO on the V6s. Hopefully they go electric soon...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2010Nox said:
Could be a bad steering box.

Your V6 LTZ has hydraulic power steering whereas the 4 cyl. LS is electric power steering, so there is a difference between the systems of your two vehicles.
Yes I learn that today at the dealer, the 4 is electric and the 6 hydraulic, but still it should mot vivrate like that it wasen't doing that when I got it new

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Up date,,,,waitng on part, the dealer ordered the new part to replace the diffective power steering. part should be here by the midle of the week..keep you guys posted..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohhh Well, they had repalced the rack and pinion on my car and I picked up last night, and the problem still there, the dealler said that the car is to new and they don't have to much experience with it, my service adviser is off today so I will have to call him back tomorrow and see what the next step will be, this is not good, specially when I own two 2011 Equinox...this is becaming a very bad inconvinience for me, and I am staring to get agrevating by it, for one gm does not offer loaners and for two they give me my car back knowing that the problem was still there, I just can't stand to drive the car the way it is, the vivration on it really gets the best of me, I hope that gm will do their best on solving this problem, I have own GM's cars all my life and have never had a bad experience with them, then again they mostly where hig end cars, like the 2 most recent were a 09 CTS-V cadillac and 09 Avalanche LTZ3, I just hope that I don't regret sticking with GM on this las two...keep you guys posted..

·
Registered
977 Posts
Call GM customer service. Maybe they can get you a loaner. Their is a rep that checks this board. Maybe she'll catch this

·
Registered
830 Posts
I also think that the power steering pump is not enough powerful for 2010. For my stupid squealing sound they replaced mine but the power steering pump from the 2011 models and that doenst solved the sound, but that vibration is gone. I think the new pump is not quieter but is more powerful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well is back in the dealer since monday, let see what they find........

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well,, talked to my service advisor today and he was waiting to talk to the service supervisor, aparently they don't know what the problem is, they ordered a new part that has already being replaced, and they have not replace it yet.. I see a lemon LAW comming, I will call my attorney and see what he tells me....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RNOX said:
Call GM customer service. Maybe they can get you a loaner. Their is a rep that checks this board. Maybe she'll catch this
Yes I did try to contact her to see if she would help, but I guess not, she recommend me to take it to the dealer, wich that's what I have being doing, and also that my other Equinox had a seat belt recall. it sucks because I have being a loyal GM customer for years, since I was a teen I was in to drag racing and it was always GM vs Ford, I had Own 13 GM cars in all my life, Including a 69 chevelle 396 SS, 69 Camaro SS, 87 Buick Grandnational, 08 Cadillac CTS 3.6 DI, 09 Cadillac CTS-V, 04 Avalanche Z71, 09 Avalanche LTZ, and Now 2 Equinox an LS and a LTZ, just so you have an Idea from 04 to this date I had spend about 249K or More on GM Cars. and I only Owe o te bank abot 21K for the LS, all the Other ones are Paid off, some trade in and some sold out..

·
Registered
32 Posts
This might seem like a stupid question, but why are you steering the car when you are stopped??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LS3Vette said:
This might seem like a stupid question, but why are you steering the car when you are stopped??
Wow,,,,just pay attention when you are parking or getting out of a parking space, I guess since your steering don't vibrate you don't notice why and when you do it..Have you ever done the 3 points turn? have you ever waited for a parking space and have your indicators on and while you are waiting have turn the wheels to your point of direction? Have you ever parked in betwen 2 cars one in front and one in the back? and so on and on and on..Do you have a license to drive? if you do, then on your test you most have done it also.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I am not the only one with V6 steering problem, vibration and noise, GM has to look at this problem and find the solution.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine does this too, I only notice it when backing out of the garage. I have noticed it on a couple other makes/models of cars too. It feels normal to me - I am not wasting my time taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Yeah, my V6 does it too. I'd call it more of a "growl", though. I hear it (or feel it) whenever I pull out of my parking spot leaving work or pulling out of the driveway. I THINK it happens when the car has been sitting for a while, but I'm not entirely sure.

It's not going to the dealer. Not a big enough concern for me right now. One of these days I'll check the fluid. Maybe it's low (which would be bad)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Hondarrr said:
I guess I am not the only one with V6 steering problem, vibration and noise, GM has to look at this problem and find the solution.
I would like to look into this issue further for you. I believe that we have spoken a couple of times regarding this concern, but it does not seem that it has been resolved. Please feel free to contact me with your name, address, VIN, current mileage, and phone number so that I may take further steps. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
For those of you who are also experiencing this issue, such as Colt Hero and dishdude, please feel free to contact me directly with more information. Be sure to include your name, address, phone number, VIN, as well as your current mileage and I will be able to assist you further.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i am back, I still have the vibration problem, and yesterday I took my v6 to the dealer because my muffler was making a rattle sound and I decide to let the service adviser know about the steering problem and since some time has gone by maybe now they had a solution, well the service tech said that they have to replace my muffler due to something loose inside and it was clogging it, and that it was provably the cause of my steering vibration, they order a new one. What do you guy's think? Also my 4 cylinder has a bad noise coming from the a/c compressor has any one experience the same, I will take that one in next, other than that I love these cars, my wife drives the 4 and I drive the 6, we switch some times..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts