GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got an '11 Equinox 2LT, and noticed the hazard light switch in the center console does not activate the flashing hazard lights right away, sometime taking 2 or 3 tries to get them to come on / off.

Going back to the dealer in the morning anyway for the paint and interior protection stuff to be applied.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have to hold the button down for 2 to 3 seconds before it turns them on.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hmm thats weird that it seems on the 2011's you have to hold it down. On my 10 you just have to press it. Anyone else with a 2010 do you have to hold it down? I am wondering when they changed the check mark button with the set/clr button they also changed that.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Our 2010 you have to hold down for around 2 seconds. We also have the set/clr button.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I've got a 2010. I have to hold for about 2 seconds. Have a set/clr button also.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I have a 10 and my 4 ways come on as soon as I press the button
My switch was changed to the check mark when they did the recall
The button that was changed to a check mark is the button that you use to clear the DIC sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would think it's probably a change made to prevent accidental activation of the Hazards. As we're always using the stack to unlock doors, changes to the DIC, Heater/AC controls, etc., it's pretty easy to touch the hazard button. With a 2-3 second delay this will prevent that.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Have to hold the button down for a couple of seconds on my '10.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone, I was at the dealer today and checked another 11 nox, and it did the same thing. I found that you have to press hard to get it to activate the lights right away. Most other cars/suvs/trucks have the hazard switch located in a better spot and better switch material... Maybe there is a GM engineer out there reading this and can help with a fix!!! I will find out more Wednesday as I got a service appointment for the seatbelt recall notice.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
rbaldino said:
thanks everyone, I was at the dealer today and checked another 11 nox, and it did the same thing. I found that you have to press hard to get it to activate the lights right away. Most other cars/suvs/trucks have the hazard switch located in a better spot and better switch material... Maybe there is a GM engineer out there reading this and can help with a fix!!! I will find out more Wednesday as I got a service appointment for the seatbelt recall notice.
What are you a pretend cop that throws on his emergency flashers as he runs down the road?
As often as your going to use the hazzards you'll be ok ...just hold the button..
maybe you should have bought one of those other vehicles with the hazzard switch located in a better spot

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm used to a mechancial button. The one on the Nox you have to hold for a couple of seconds. The one on my VUE actually pused into the dash. I had to open the dash and glue the plastic holders for the spring button

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm sure on our 2010 it is marked with a triangle and the lights come on right away with a definite, tactile, mechanical "click" when you press it.
Will double check and post back if it's different but I remember using it a couple of days ago.

From the electronic PDF manual, page 5-2 (the triangle icon shows up as a "|" on copy/paste)

| (Hazard Warning Flasher):
Press this button, located on the
center stack console, to make the
front and rear turn signal lamps
flash on and off. This warns others
that you are having trouble.
Press | again to turn the
flashers off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
gearhead said:
I'm sure on our 2010 it is marked with a triangle and the lights come on right away with a definite, tactile, mechanical "click" when you press it.
Will double check and post back if it's different but I remember using it a couple of days ago.

From the electronic PDF manual, page 5-2 (the triangle icon shows up as a "|" on copy/paste)

| (Hazard Warning Flasher):
Press this button, located on the
center stack console, to make the
front and rear turn signal lamps
flash on and off. This warns others
that you are having trouble.
Press | again to turn the
flashers off.
On my 2010 I need to hold it for a few seconds in order to get them on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
my 2011 also requires it be held for a few seconds. I thought it was not working when I first tried it without holding it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
on a side note: paint protection?!?! why did you pay for that?!?!?!

·
Registered
468 Posts
weird the majority have to hold it down, i double checked it earlier today and it is just a simple click down for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In my 2011, I need to hold it down. I thought it was broke the first few times I tested it.
I know now how it works, but it's a poor design in my opinion.

However, it's better then the much older cars that used to have a little black button on the bottom right of the steering column. (I think that just shows how old I am.)

·
Registered
297 Posts
2010 - I have to hold the button in for a couple of seconds. No big deal, to me. It's not like most of us are going to use feature often, unless you use your 'Nox delivering mail/packages.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I've had my Nox for just over a year now and I couldn't tell you what mine does or even if it works at all. Apparently some of you are wannabe cops or pretend EMT's and use yours on a daily basis.. ;D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts