GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if anybody would know why replacing my hub and abs sensor has caused a massive squeak every time I drive. It's not tied to braking or turning and is even quiet at about 20 and 40 MPH. I was reading on this forum somebody had a very similar issue and thought it was the abs sensor rubbing on a slightly larger new hub. Could this happen with a replacement part specifically from the dealership? Does anybody else know what else it could be?

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if anybody would know why replacing my hub and abs sensor has caused a massive squeak every time I drive. It's not tied to braking or turning and is even quiet at about 20 and 40 MPH. I was reading on this forum somebody had a very similar issue and thought it was the abs sensor rubbing on a slightly larger new hub. Could this happen with a replacement part specifically from the dealership? Does anybody else know what else it could be?
From your post it sounds like you replaced the old hub with an AC Delco.
Rare to get a bad new one but it happens.

Two possibilities, a bad new hub assembly or something went wrong with the install.
Look it over real well, everything torqued to spec?
If everything looks good return the new one for a replacement under warranty.

My guess is it is another worn suspension component in that area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From your post it sounds like you replaced the old hub with an AC Delco.
Rare to get a bad new one but it happens.

Two possibilities, a bad new hub assembly or something went wrong with the install.
Look it over real well, everything torqued to spec?
If everything looks good return the new one for a replacement under warranty.

My guess is it is another worn suspension component in that area.
Yeah I torqued the 3 mounting bolts to 75 and the axle nut to 150, it was definitely an AC DELCO but I'll check the suspension thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts