GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rock flew up and took a chunk out of my front grille. Not a huge chunk but large enough that I will probably start looking for a replacement. Does anyone on here know if the grille can be replaced without removing the whole front bumper?

Here is a picture of the grille in question.
link

· Registered
1,402 Posts
…bumper has to come off. It’s not that big of a deal…I had to do the same thing when I had a massive chunk taken out of my Equinox grill back in 2016! Radiator actually survived too!

Attachments

· Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 182k miles
4,736 Posts
@Daedra : this is a chance for you to show us your artistic talents by fashioning a replacement piece and epoxying it in!

... and maybe the broken piece is still lodged on the vehicle (in the bumper cover)...

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
…bumper has to come off. It’s not that big of a deal…I had to do the same thing when I had a massive chunk taken out of my Equinox grill back in 2016! Radiator actually survived too!
Yeah that is a WAY bigger chunk than mine lol. And @Colt Hero, I didn't think to look. If I could find it I could probably do that. Here is a pic of mine, as you can see its nothing major.
Tire Vehicle Grille Car Wheel

· Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 182k miles
4,736 Posts
@Daedra : Here's another idea for you: take a small file, round off that "L" corner turn on the right, then file away those jagged "stumps" on the left and bottom.

Then, if this looks pleasing to the eye, do the same thing at the top right-side corner ... to make it symmetrical!

What the heck, right? If you're thinking of just throwing it away ... you might as well have some fun with it ... and end up with a slightly-modified, customized, grille design!

· Registered
1,402 Posts
Yeah that is a WAY bigger chunk than mine lol.
…I’m not sure mine wasn’t a piece of a cinderblock…I was in a line of 4 or 5 cars tailgating an “anti destination league” driver in the left lane when I saw something fly up and made a huge impact sound. When I stopped and saw the hole, I was shocked my radiator survived!

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also had the idea that since I am replacing the entire grille then I could possibly just use a cutting wheel and cut the grille out closer to the edges so that I could just put my hands in and pop out the old one then pop in the new one, not sure if this would work though. I am only missing like one tiny section of my grille so I am just going to live with it until I find a replacement for cheap at a pick n pull or just ride it out till I sell it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts