GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2011 V6 Equinox last November. I remember reading about its FlexFuel compatibility, but my 'nox has no FlexFuel decals or the yellow fuel cap associated with E85. ??? I'm sure its a 2011 so I'm very confused if it is safe to use E85. I have never used it before just incase, but I do have some intentions to use it. Is there anyway I can find out if it is safe for my 'nox?

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
jamesvl said:
I bought a 2011 V6 Equinox last November. I remember reading about its FlexFuel compatibility, but my 'nox has no FlexFuel decals or the yellow fuel cap associated with E85. ??? I'm sure its a 2011 so I'm very confused if it is safe to use E85. I have never used it before just incase, but I do have some intentions to use it. Is there anyway I can find out if it is safe for my 'nox?
Look at the "window sticker". That ought to discuss the Flex-fuel. I wouldn't put it in unless you are 120% that is is a flex-fuel vehicle. It could really screw things up if it isn't.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My 2011 has a yellow gas cap and a FlexFuel emblem on the right side of the liftgate.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Id contact your dealer so they can trace it back with the VIN. Only way to be 100% sure.

·
Registered
483 Posts
dishdude said:
My 2011 has a yellow gas cap and a FlexFuel emblem on the right side of the liftgate.
Same here except my FlexFuel emblem is on the drivers side of the lift gate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts