GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 11' 2LT mocha steel w. black leather FWD 2.4 should be in next week!! The only item I forgot to check on is what tires come on these things?? Any good?? We are in the midst of a BAD ass MN winter here, and i'm hoping for a decent tire!! Thanks.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
grunkster said:
My 11' 2LT mocha steel w. black leather FWD 2.4 should be in next week!! The only item I forgot to check on is what tires come on these things?? Any good?? We are in the midst of a BAD ass MN winter here, and i'm hoping for a decent tire!! Thanks.
The stock 17'ers are Michelin Lattitudes. They are an excellent summer tire, but I went with Michelin Lattitude X-Ice for Winter tires. I didn't think that the All-seasons would make a great Winter tire. There was a lot of discussion on this topic if you try the Search. In fact, the discussion got a little "heated" ! t's a matter of personal preference whether you want "snows".

·
Registered
332 Posts
Same tire as on our 2010 which is what RIT333 said and IIRC P225/65R17 for standard 17" wheels.

I'll give you my real life real conditions review based on having them on an Equinox and driving in nasty winter conditions for the past 3 months for about 4000 kms. The balance of the 18,000 kms were spring, summer & fall.

While I agree 100% that winter specific tires are the best for winter, I have been driving for nearly 35 years and have driven everything from rear drive cars and trucks, to 4X4's to FWD cars & vans and even semi trailers. Our climate here changes from summer heat with torrential rain to winter snow with blizzard conditions, freezing rain at times, -40° and lower windchills, etc. etc. I call this type of driving, "death driving" because of the results which are constantly occurring. We commute on a busy highway daily and I run service vehicles in the city as well.

With that said, I have never bought winter tires for our vehicles probably due to the extra investment but I have used them on other vehicles.

The OEM Michelin tires on the Nox are one of the best all season tires that I have driven in the winter. Yes it may also be the balance and design of the Nox itself but I'm comparing it to the the other FWD vehicles we have/had using various brands of all season tires. The Michelin Latitude tires are quiet, smooth and get very respectable traction on snow and ice short of a winter tire. Wet control is also very good.

Driving to meet the road conditions and vehicle capabilities is the single most important aspect of driving in adverse conditions.

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm...i apologise...that page of reviews is different than what i was reading!!?? can't even explain it!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
They seem to work excellent for me in snowy Michigan :)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The only thing I dont like about the Lattitude tires is they really are not that good when its raining hardish. They are kind of prone to a little hydroplaning but for the most part they are a pretty decent tire for an OEM one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a 2011 with a little over 1000 mi. on it and they have been great in deep snow. We have hads lots this winter too. I also have the AWD model too, which I'm sure makes a big differance.
Michelin's are great tires.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
grunkster said:
how is the wear on them??
Considering they have like a 780 wear rating, you should get at least 60k miles on them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
rcturner said:
I have them on my 2010. Here in Minnesota, we have had plenty of cold, snow and ice this winter. They have worked find.
I too like the traction on my 11AWD. They work fine for a year around tire here in Michigan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts