GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for information on quality of OEM deflectors and installation instructions. Specifically, How do other makers of these items (Weathertech, etc.) compare to OEM. Does GM use tape to secure Window deflectors or are they held in place by "snap and lock" with the weathertech.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Bronco19 said:
Looking for information on quality of OEM deflectors and installation instructions. Specifically, How do other makers of these items (Weathertech, etc.) compare to OEM. Does GM use tape to secure Window deflectors or are they held in place by "snap and lock" with the weathertech.
I got the AVS they are held by 3M tape in channel. I BELIEVE the OEM are outside attached using 3M tape. My Saturn VUE OEM visors mounted on the outside

I have the OEM hood deflector on the Nox. Easy install I will only use the OEM as I had wind noise problems with Lund on my VUE.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed both on my Equinox. The window deflectors are retained with 3M 2-sided tape. As long as you clean the surfaces with the supplied alcohol pads and it's above 70 degrees, they will stay on forever.

The GM hood deflector was a bit cheezy. They supplied two course-thread tapping bolts that correspond to two holes in the center of the hood (underneath). The holes are too large for the screws, so they strip instantly with finger pressure. I swapped them out for some 3/16" pop rivets which expanded enough to grab. Then I found that when you place the silicone bumper pads in the spots indicated, they don't fit well. The bumpers are flat on the bottom and you have to place them on a rounded edge of the hood with a fairly tight radius. Just not a very good fit. And after it's installed, the hood wouldn't close unless you slam it. I had to readjust the hood catch upwards slightly. It wasn't a big deal but I just wasn't impressed when you buy something from the dealer and it fits like a poorly engineered after-market accessory.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The lund (AVS) were easy to install including the bug deflector. I bought the ones that go "in channel" for the windows. They look a lot nicer than the ones that stick on the outside and cover up the chrome trim on the windows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts