GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me, I need it badly! I have searched ALL over this forum and ALL over google looking for ways to wire these [email protected] things correctly. I do not want them on all the time, or with the DRL's. I want them wired to their own switch; however, if I leave that swicth on by accident it will turn off when the key does.

I ordered OEM Bezels and fog light assembly's complete with bulbs and have already installed them.

Here is a schematic I found, which makes some sense IF the headlights didn't have 2 wires running out of the back of them.

Here are pics of the relay and the toggle switch I have as well

There isn't a GOOD explanation for this ANYWHERE on the web, I'm sure this will help many people. Thanks for the help

Luke

WHY THE F%$K CAN'T I POST A LINK!!!! This is stupid!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have yet to receive any help or input on any post I have posted! What gives? This forum seems to be light on experts or is it that people just don't want to help?

·
Registered
21 Posts
im no expert but seems to me like you will have to wire them with the head lights so they will turn off when the door closes or you lock the car. if you wire them directly to the battery with the relay you will have to make sure you manually turn them off everytime

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
luke5181 said:
I have yet to receive any help or input on any post I have posted! What gives? This forum seems to be light on experts or is it that people just don't want to help?
Or, it could be that people were busy when you were waiting for an answer. But, with comments like that, I'm sure you will be less likely to get a quick response in the future.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
luke5181 said:
The vast majority of people here either have factory foglights or haven't attempted to add any. The wiring harness isn't the same for the LS/1LT as it is for the 2LT/LTZ...meaning that adding foglights (even using some factory parts) is almost a totally custom mod.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RIT333 said:
Or, it could be that people were busy when you were waiting for an answer. But, with comments like that, I'm sure you will be less likely to get a quick response in the future.
I posted this after I replied to a ton of posts and then asked for help with no response. I try and help where I can, relax.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I got these lights wired up today.

The diagram I attached works perfectly!

1. you want to ground the left wire from each headlight and use the right wire as the power wire. (Connected to 87 on the relay)

2. Attach another wire with a circle attachment connector to 85 on the relay and ground it.

3. Get a 10 gauge wire with an in line fuse (25A) and connect it to the positive battery terminal, hook the other end to 30 on the relay.

4. Connect another wire to 86 on the relay, run it through the firewall and attach to the MIDDLE post of the toggle switch (for some reason this matters)

5. Connect another wire to the TOP post of toggle switch and ground it.

6. You can't wire the POWER switch to the ignition switch, it only registered 4.3V and wasn't enough to wire the switch.

***** Take another piece of wire (18 gauge) and run it to the fuse box, get a spade connector and insert it into slot 27 (This registers at 12v and isn't constant power******

I LOVE the way they are wired, I drilled a hole on the steering column, right below the stalk and added the switch. I wanted the ability to have the lights on without any other lights if I wanted. I also wanted them to turn off if I forget when the key is out.

I hope this helps everyone else, thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
great info man, Thanks for posting!! :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a set of the OEM fog lights and wired them up to a series of Relays (5) and a momentary switch. Pressing the button once turns the fog lights on. Pressing the button again turns the fog lights off. The neat thing is, when I turn the car off the lights go off and don't come back on when I turn the key back on. I don't have to remember to flip a rocker switch to turn the fog lights off when not needed.

Works just like the OEM turn signal fog light switch.

I placed the button in the trim shroud just under the turn signal switch.

Works like a champ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts