GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2011 Nox LS has the word "Equinox" on the rear, but the "LS" is no where to be found. Does the base model LS not have the LS emblem?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I assume they do not have the emblem. Our 2011 that we bought a month ago does not have it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
:eek: Is GM trying to save a dollar by doing this? How about the LT and LTZ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I noticed the same thing yesterday following what was obviously and LS down the road. It didn't have an LS emblem on the rear like my 2011 LT does.

Guess GM is saving the buck ::)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Our old LS Blazer did not have an LS either. I think it is a long standing policy not to put a badge on the entry level.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the responses--I first thot that the LS might have been left off or came off in transit to the dealer...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yup, LS badges just dont come on the cars. I cant think of any Chevy that has LS badges on it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Our 2006 Trailblazer and our 2005 Malibu Maxx both had the LS emblem on them. Not sure now if any of the ones have them or not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Our 2007 HHR LS came with the LS badge on it.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the 2010 Equinox LS actually has the "LS" badge on the back. Mine is a 2010 LT2 but simply has the "LT" beside Equinox.

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I found out a little more info here.....looks like the 2011's don't have the LS badge on the rear liftgate that the 2010's have.

http://www.lakewoodchev.com/index.php/chevrolet-equinox-edmonton/

Chevrolet Equinox Edmonton
2011 Chevrolet Equinox - What's New
Written by Kerry Russell

The Chevrolet Equinox was completely redesigned for 2010. 2011 brings only some color changes along with a few nice options changes.
EXTERIOR

* LS badge is dropped from the rear liftgate
* Twilight Blue Metallic (GLB) replaces Navy Blue Metallic (GBX)
* The following colour choices are available for the LS: Silver Ice Metallic (GAN), Goldmist Metallic (GAO), Black (GBA), Cyber Gray Metallic (GBV), and Summit White (GAZ)
* Roof rail crossbars become standard on the LTZ

INTERIOR

* Heated cloth seats now standard on the 2LT
* Bluetooth Connectivity now available on LS through the Bluetooth for Phone Package (UPF), which includes Bluetooth capability for use with Bluetooth-enable phones, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and steering wheel mounted audio controls
* Rearview Backup Camera (UVC) is now available on the 1LT
* Jet Black and Jet Black/Light Titanium interiors are now available with Goldmist (GAO) exterior colour

MECHANICAL

1. The 3.0L V6 engine is now Flex Fuel (E85 capable), and will be badged as Flex Fuel
2. Block Heater (K05) is now optional on all trim levels

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
chasesnox said:
Our 2010 LTZ has the LTZ emblem.
Yeah, for 2010 the badges went LS, LT (for both LT1 and LT2) and LTZ. I guess now you don't get a badge unless you have an LT or LTZ.

·
Registered
332 Posts
bballr4567 said:
Yup, LS badges just dont come on the cars. I cant think of any Chevy that has LS badges on it.
2010's had "LS" on them.

Our 2000 Malibu has LS on it and 80% of every impala I see has "LS" on it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
My Saturn LS1 had no badge at all. Very few people know (even mechanics) what the name of the vehicle is ;D I agree that you don't need these LS or LT badges. Guess ithe only one who cares is the driver if ;)

·
Registered
978 Posts
texasnox11 said:
My new 2011 Nox LS has the word "Equinox" on the rear, but the "LS" is no where to be found. Does the base model LS not have the LS emblem?
If you desire the badging...your dealer can order the "LS" for a 2010...and you can put them on your 2011...

·
Registered
626 Posts
I read somewhere that GM is eliminating all trim designations from the car starting with the 2012 models. You will still buy different trims, but there won't be any LT or LTZ decals or plaques on the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts