GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2011 Equinox less than 3 months ago, and last night when I was driving home I noticed the headliner looked "crooked and pulled" away from the front windshield. When I got home, I put my hand up to the windshield and the liner is pulled away on the driver and passenger side about 6 inches on both sides down the windshield and I can actually put my 4 fingers on each hand through the gap. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Have you contacted your local dealership regarding this concern? There are many benefits to taking a vehicle to your local dealership. You can guarantee that technicians are certified and that the parts come with a GM parts warranty. For these reasons, I would recommend taking the vehicle to your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I know some others (including myself, but I haven't taken it in yet) have had issues with the headliner drooping around the rear passenger light, but this is the first report I've seen about the front..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Add me to the list... just took delivery of 2011 Terrain. After 1 week of ownership noticed my headliner has a huge gap (3") between the windshield and headliner on the passenger side, about half that on the driver's side. :eek:hno: You can clearly see the gap through the windshield from outside the vehicle. Dealer started talking about magnets, but I insisted on a new headliner. Dealer ordered replacement. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
cbnblklt1 said:
Add me to the list... just took delivery of 2011 Terrain. After 1 week of ownership noticed my headliner has a huge gap (3") between the windshield and headliner on the passenger side, about half that on the driver's side. :eek:hno: You can clearly see the gap through the windshield from outside the vehicle. Dealer started talking about magnets, but I insisted on a new headliner. Dealer ordered replacement. Stay tuned...
I am glad to see that you are working with your local dealer regarding your concern. Please feel free to keep me posted either here on the thread or via private message. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, just got Terrain back from dealer. New Headliner fits much better than the original. I expected a hassle, but the Dealer made the experience quite painless. I observed several new Terrains on the dealers lot with similar poor fits visible through the windshields. Great vehicle so far, but GM needs to beat up on their headliner vendor for this inexcusable quality gaffe on a $30k vehicle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My headliner is quite droopy and sloppy as well. Definitely the weak li k on the fit and finish end of things. I'll be seeing my dealer about this too. Especially if the fix is nice as one reported.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
cbnblklt1 said:
OK, just got Terrain back from dealer. New Headliner fits much better than the original. I expected a hassle, but the Dealer made the experience quite painless. I observed several new Terrains on the dealers lot with similar poor fits visible through the windshields. Great vehicle so far, but GM needs to beat up on their headliner vendor for this inexcusable quality gaffe on a $30k vehicle.
Glad to hear you've got your headliner fixed. I agree it's pretty sad that something as simple as a headliner can't even be taken for granted in this vehicle - which, at best, is a $20k vehicle (sometimes masquerading as a $30k vehicle).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Colt Hero said:
Glad to hear you've got your headliner fixed. I agree it's pretty sad that something as simple as a headliner can't even be taken for granted in this vehicle - which, at best, is a $20k vehicle (sometimes masquerading as a $30k vehicle).
::)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
cbnblklt1 said:
I am glad to see that your concern has been resolved. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
kaptain said:
My headliner is quite droopy and sloppy as well. Definitely the weak li k on the fit and finish end of things. I'll be seeing my dealer about this too. Especially if the fix is nice as one reported.
Please feel free to keep me posted regarding what you find at the dealer. You can also contact me via private message. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mine is falling where the headliner meets the windshield. Looking from the front of the vehicle and in where it used to meet the windshield both sides are sagging about 1 1/2 inches between the center upper console and the side windows. Looks like a neat place to put your golf balls, man GM thinks of everything.

·
Registered
72 Posts
nox-rocks said:
Mine is falling where the headliner meets the windshield. Looking from the front of the vehicle and in where it used to meet the windshield both sides are sagging about 1 1/2 inches between the center upper console and the side windows. Looks like a neat place to put your golf balls, man GM thinks of everything.
Bahahahaha

---
- Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD

·
Registered
341 Posts
nox-rocks said:
wait.... on the new one??????

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's **** depressing. I thought headliners falling was dealt with 25 years ago, now here we go again. I read somewhere that the headliners are on nationwide backorder, everybody should make sure theirs is not pulling away from the windshield like mine is.

·
Registered
978 Posts
nox-rocks said:
...I read somewhere that the headliners are on nationwide backorder...
Don't know if they are or not...but this is NOT necessarily a bad thing

There are many reasons for parts going on national back-order

After all the complaints I have read about the headliner issues...which should NOT be issues in this day and age...

If the back-order has been created by an internal inventory recall -or- a Vendor change due to "quality control" issues -or- similar reason to improve the component

Then those who are having issues have something to look forward to.

·
Registered
978 Posts
nox-rocks said:
Here is a couple pics that show the crappy headliner dropping.
There...I fixed that for ya :cheers:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts