GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife car is the new 2011 Equinox LTZ. I would like to try and do the upgrade to the H.I.D. low beam headlights. Has anyone on here do this? Any tips or pictures? What is the good and is there a bad? Will this work with the DRLs? What will I need to make this all work? :help:

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
TNT said:
My wife car is the new 2011 Equinox LTZ. I would like to try and do the upgrade to the H.I.D. low beam headlights. Has anyone on here do this? Any tips or pictures? What is the good and is there a bad? Will this work with the DRLs? What will I need to make this all work? :help:
You need..'Search'.. 8)

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice site, Yes lots good info here! Yes I over looked the search thing ;) Thanks for the help

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more Q. If you have H.I.D. for low and fogs, what do you use for the 9005 high? :banghead: Thanks Richard

·
Registered
468 Posts
TNT said:
One more Q. If you have H.I.D. for low and fogs, what do you use for the 9005 high? :banghead: Thanks Richard
Why would you change your highbeam bulbs? Upgrading your highbeams to HID's also will just be overkill.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
cottonseed said:
Why would you change your highbeam bulbs? Upgrading your highbeams to HID's also will just be overkill.
Most people do not use HIDs for High Beams because the HID lows are usually plenty bright enough, and also when you turn on your highs, it will take time for the HIDs to get full intensity, and you will lose brightness for awhile. Best to try them with Lows, and then decide if it is needed for the Highs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TNT said:
I'm NOT talking HID in high. As in quote ! :facepalm: So, what do you use for your high beam??? Anyone upgrade the 9005 high to something over the stock, like PIAA or SilverStar???? :confused: ;D

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
TNT said:
I'm NOT talking HID in high. As in quote ! :facepalm: So, what do you use for your high beam??? Anyone upgrade the 9005 high to something over the stock, like PIAA or SilverStar???? :confused: ;D
You are right - my bad. I guess SilverStars would be a good choice. They are not good for DRL applications because they have a fairly short life, but sounds like a great idea for Highs. If you go that route, let us know how they work out.

THX

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tips, keep them coming! ***Also can someone move this to Exterior.*** I see now that I put it into the Interior! :shrug: :banghead: :eek:hno: :facepalm:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts