GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know how many watts the standard radio that comes in the 2011 Equinox 1LT is?
I know you can upgrade to the Pioneer 250 watt system. But no where on the Chevy site or anywhere else do they say how many watts the standard radio is unless I missed it.

Thanks
GFab

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes I believe it's 80 watts.

However the two systems are night and day IMO. I've listened to both.

The Pioneer system also adds more and better quality speakers and enlists the subwoofer for audio reproduction in addition to ANC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that's a disappointment but then again, it's probably better than what I have now.

I have been searching for a 2LT but could not find the color or options I wanted unless it was ordered (8 to 10 weeks wait). Long story short, I need it before then and my wife also bought a new car so I don't want to get too crazy with car payments.

So I lowered myself down to the 1LT and found one which is being delivered to the dealer. It has the drivers convience package which almost brings it up to the 2LT model (except for the Pioneer stereo, fog lights and auto climate control). So I purchased that one but it won't arrive until next week.

From what I have been reading it seems everyone is really pleased with the Equinox. That's a good sign.

Thanks again for the info. I'm sure I will be posting more questions.
GFab

·
Registered
34 Posts
GFab said:
Well that's a disappointment but then again, it's probably better than what I have now.

I have been searching for a 2LT but could not find the color or options I wanted unless it was ordered (8 to 10 weeks wait). Long story short, I need it before then and my wife also bought a new car so I don't want to get too crazy with car payments.

So I lowered myself down to the 1LT and found one which is being delivered to the dealer. It has the drivers convience package which almost brings it up to the 2LT model (except for the Pioneer stereo, fog lights and auto climate control). So I purchased that one but it won't arrive until next week.

From what I have been reading it seems everyone is really pleased with the Equinox. That's a good sign.

Thanks again for the info. I'm sure I will be posting more questions.
GFab
I ordered a 2LT, but ended up getting a 1LT with the Driver Convenience Package too. I wanted the other options, but oh well. Not sure they were needed for the extra money, it is nice to have a slightly lower payment. The good news, the stock radio sounds pretty good and still has decent bass. Enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my Equinox came in the other day and I am enjoying it. Although ever since I got it the weather has been horrible. I hope it's not an omen.

But anyway, I agree with Uzie. The stock radio sounds nice. I'm not a kid anymore and I probably don't need the extra wattage. Now I have to find enough radio stations to program into the 30+ presets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts