GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Anyone experience this?

A few weeks ago, I starting hearing a "click" sound coming from what I thought was the front drivers tire area. That's where I hear it most, but I've heard it once coming from the center of the vehicle (front) and once from the driver's rear. I'm thinking the sound could be coming from anywhere, and my ears/mind are doing terrible things.

• Whever I accelerate for the first time, whether it's just a straight acceleration or an acceleration from reverse (ie leaving garage/parking spot), after a second or so I hear a click coming from said location.
  • I never hear the click on any other maneuver the entire time I'm driving the car, only the very 1st acceleration.
  • If I put the car in park, wait a minute, then put it in drive and accelerate, it's silent.
  • If I turn the car off, wait a minute ore so, then start it back up and accelearate, *click*. I hear it.

Brought it to the dealer to look at it, and they couldn't reproduce the sound. Here's the kicker. They asked me to drive it around and reproduce it for them. I couldn't. They wash it and give me the keys. I go to leave, and *click*! AARRGGHH!!!

In other searches, it kind of sounds like this is the ABS system fully pressurizing, but I don't recall hearing it before. I think I couldn't reproduce it for them because I didn't wait long enough after turning the vehicle off. It seems to only do it when it's been off for a minute or two, and ONLY on the first acceleration.

Any ideas?

TIA!

·
Registered
441 Posts
a click? ummm some sort of relay probably turning on, abs, traction, etc....clicks 99% of the time are nothing to even concern yourself over....clicks are a functional sound...grinding, whirling, clunking etc those are not functional sounds....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IceMan said:
Are you INSANE..?
It's the door locks locking.....
....Click! ;-)
LOL! Clever. :p

·
Registered
232 Posts
There is a bulletin on this, I believe there is a CV shim to install to stop it... Dealer time ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
IceMan said:
Are you INSANE..?
It's the door locks locking.....
....Click! ;-)
Nope, wrong, that's a clunk! :D

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
on the Traverse/Acadia/Enclaves
EVERY time you start your car- and start driving away--- when you reach about 20 MPH the computer runs a system check that you can hear/feel in the gas pedal area.
Its checking the ABS or stabilitrack system.
but its EVERY time you start the car and hit about 20.

Maybe youre feeling something similar?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think this is you ;)

#09-04-95-001C: Clicking Noise from Front/Rear of Vehicle When Shifting Btwn R and D on Hard Accel - (Oct 18, 2010)

Subject: Clicking Type Noise from Front or Rear of Vehicle When Shifting Between Reverse and Drive or on Hard Acceleration (Add Washer to Wheel Drive Shaft)

Models: 2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

2011 Buick Regal

2008-2011 Cadillac CTS, CTS Wagon, Coupe (Includes V Series)

2010-2011 Cadillac SRX

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Built Prior to June 1, 2009 (V8 Engine (All) and V6 Engine (Manual)) or February 17, 2010 (V6 Engine (Automatic))

2010-2011 Chevrolet Equinox

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

2010-2011 GMC Terrain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add models. Please discard Corporate Bulletin 09-04-95-001B (Section 04 - Driveline/Axle).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition (Cruze, Equinox, LaCrosse, Regal, SRX, Terrain)
Some customers may comment on a clicking type noise coming from the front of the vehicle when shifting between reverse and drive or on a hard acceleration.

Correction (Cruze, Equinox, LaCrosse, Regal, SRX, Terrain)
Add a washer between the front wheel drive shaft and the bearing hub assembly using the procedure listed below.

Note:

Reactions: seVer916

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
"When Shifting Btwn R and D on Hard Accel "

Wow - in "my book", that has "always" been a no-no. Used to do that when my RWD GTO used to get stuck in the snow, but trannys seemed tougher in the good old days !

·
Registered
232 Posts
RIT333 said:
"When Shifting Btwn R and D on Hard Accel "

Wow - in "my book", that has "always" been a no-no. Used to do that when my RWD GTO used to get stuck in the snow, but trannys seemed tougher in the good old days !
It's a typo :) If you read the second line they finally spell it out LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GTPprix said:
I think this is you ;)

#09-04-95-001C: Clicking Noise from Front/Rear of Vehicle When Shifting Btwn R and D on Hard Accel - (Oct 18, 2010)
So if I just give my advisor that # (09-04-95-001C), he can look it up and go from there? This would be a warranty covered item, right?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts