GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been happy with my gas mileage since I bought this vehicle a few months ago. The best I have been able to get on a highway trip has been around 20. Around town I am lucky to get 15. The last time I tanked it was at 12.8 mpg. Now it is cold weather here and I do start it up to warm it before I get in but I am thinking I may have an issue.

So do I have an issue?

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
redjames said:
So do I have an issue?
Depends on your location, and how fast you drive.

Or, you can bring it to your dealer, and he'll verify that you have no codes, and tell you that you don't have any issues ! :banghead:

·
Registered
177 Posts
redjames said:
So do I have an issue?
Maybe. I get 25 - 26 mpg highway and about 19 in mixed driving. There have been issues with the HP fuel pumps going bad in the 2010 V6s.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm in the same boat. 15 mpg - max.

Have you had a UOA done yet? If your oil is diluted enough with fuel, you will get bad milage. My dealer agrees with me.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I don't use Blackstone, but many people do especially on the Harley forums. My dealer told me GM doesn't recognise them. So who does my dealer send his UOA samples too? = Blackstone. LOL

For the last year I've been sending my samples (3) to the GM recommended tester. and GM won't ackowledge their results either. This is getting to be one cluster%$#@
Hopefully in the next couple weeks this will be resolved one way or another. I'm really concerned about driving around with 10% gas in my oil.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I've read on one of these posts which laboratory GM uses. It wasn't Blackstone.

Most owners use Blackstone for their own knowledge. They are a quality outfit and some MFG's and oil companies accept their findings.

GM has it's own opinion about oil analysis anyway, and it's not in line with most of us.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
What's surprising is I had tests done by a GM approved analyst and they still didn't accept their results. The last time I was at the dealer they took a sample and sent it to GM so they can do to it what they want in house. I can't wait to see what the official GM report will say. I'm betting I won't like it.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
GARYD said:
What's surprising is I had tests done by a GM approved analyst and they still didn't accept their results. The last time I was at the dealer they took a sample and sent it to GM so they can do to it what they want in house. I can't wait to see what the official GM report will say. I'm betting I won't like it.
Do you currently have a case regarding your concern? I know I have worked with you before, but I would like to take another look. Please feel free to contact me privately with more information. Thank you again.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Tricia, I have 2 case numbers. One I instituted and one the dealer instituted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts