Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 cylinder

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer recently said they were selling about 10-1 4cylinder vs 6 cylinder Terrains. Surprised me that it was that high. What is everyone on the forum buying?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Everyone is all about the fuel economy I guess! I went with the 6 cylinder. I test drove both and the V6 just felt a little smoother to me and had a little more punch to it :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
From what I've seen on this board and on the street, there are indeed far more 4-bangers out there than sixes.

And I'm sure this thread will start a flame war about engines AGAIN....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
On the Equinox, the V6 take rate was 25%.

On the Terrain, the V6 take rate was 40%.

That was in a GM publication about Terrain sales a month or two ago.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Terrain said:
From what I've seen on this board and on the street, there are indeed far more 4-bangers out there than sixes.

And I'm sure this thread will start a flame war about engines AGAIN....
No reason for a flame war...from what I've read it seems that most people are satisfied with the engine they chose. Not to mention it's kinda silly to justify your own choice by making the other guys choice look bad.. ;)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hey, whatever floats your boat, right?
I'd bet Jay Leno or Tim the Toolman Taylor would shoehorn a Vette engine in there if they wanted to!
;D :eek: 8)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I went with a V6 AWD as I pull a 1800 lbs scamp travel trailer. I would have probably bought the V6 even if I didn't tow anything as I'm definitely a hp junkie.

·
Registered
48 Posts
RSchleder said:
I went with a V6 AWD as I pull a 1800 ibs scamp travel trailer. I would have probably bought the V6 even if I didn't tow anything as I'm definitely a hp junkie.
Smart choice! Unless u are commuting long distance daily and want the extra gas milage. The 6 is def the way to go. I have driven both andbim sorry. I know people praise their 4 cyl. But o had the choice and the 6 makes a big difference in power and engine noise.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My wife and I would like the V6. But driving the I4 seems very little different. And the MPG was well worth it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
SobeTerrain said:
Smart choice! Unless u are commuting long distance daily and want the extra gas milage. The 6 is def the way to go. I have driven both andbim sorry. I know people praise their 4 cyl. But o had the choice and the 6 makes a big difference in power and engine noise.
I got the 6 and I do a lot of driving (got the Terrain on Feb 9th i have 16500 miles already) coming from a maxima (2002 v6) I wanted the extra horses and the gas is pretty close if not slightly better then what I was getting.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My guess is that most people who choose a smaller SUV want good gas mileage and more utility than a sedan would provide. People looking for performance will go with a sports sedan, and those who tow often or carry a lot of gear/passengers will opt for a full size SUV or truck. I went for the I4 since it seemed to provide plenty of power for my main use (a couple of passengers/luggage occasionally) while at the same time getting gas mileage that would have been considered good for a much smaller vehicle 10 years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts