GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull the lever on top of both rear seats and it does not release the top part of seat to fold down, what part or lever may be missing? Does anyone have a picture of the rear seat parts brake down?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
If both don’t work I’m guessing it’s your technique. I know it happens to me sometimes that I lean in from the liftgate end and try to release the seat to push it forward (and flat), but I can’t do it, and it annoys me! I pull that lever up, it seems to be up enough, but the seat won’t fold down! End up having to open the rear doors and pull up the levers from there. Sometimes I think there’s even a hard release sound.

Don’t put any weight or pressure on the seat back while you’re pulling up on the lever. You’re probably binding the latch as it’s trying to release - similar to what happens when someone tries to change the angle of a manual front seatback by pushing their back against the seatback while pulling the release lever. If you do that, the mechanism will bind up, and then they’ll be a loud crack noise as it releases with all that pressure on it. The correct way to do it is to take your back off the seatback, then pull the release lever up - allowing the spring-loaded seatback to strike you in the back then, with the lever still up, put your back against the seatback and push it to the position/angle you want, then release the lever to lock it into position.

Don’t put pressure on the mechanism and try to move the seat at the same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts