GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2010 terrain slt, 3.0V6, frt wheel drive, transmission weird shifting

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rednox301 
#1 ·
the transmission in drive when it gets 3rd gear it will not shift ? I pull over on the side of road and come to a complete stop, i take off and it shifts perfectly the rest of the day???, It downshifts fine when passing other vehicles. I've serviced the transmission a few times, i have 167,000 miles on it.

#3 ·
I'm no mechanic, but if I was "fixing" the problem by coming to a complete stop, I'd be thinking it's a problem with the electronic control of the transmission, and not something mechanical.

Maybe an issue with the TEHCM (those membrane switches??), but I don't think there's a history of that with your model year and transmission ... although you're getting up there in mileage and may be one of the first to start experiencing it.

#5 ·
When was the last time you changed the fluid in your transmission?
At least a drain and refill will do more than an additive, GM does NOT recommend anything other than Dexron VI.
Next would be talking to the dealer or transmission shop about changing the pressure valves in the transmission.
This is a common problem in GEN I transmissions.

Reactions: Colt Hero
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.