1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Wouldn't this interfere with the cubby that sits on the top of the dashboard about the non-Nav radio ? ... not that I am interested - my Garmin works fine !

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point!..i just went back and looked..it needs to come with that top (shell) that basically replaces the compartment door..

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yeah, this would only realistically be viable for people who already have the nav unit...which would likely still be under warranty if it was kaput.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the swapping of the dashboard cubby, with the NAV hood, wouldnt be a big deal..

Im sure if someone was really interested in this, they could check with the seller and see if they have that part too... Looks like it might be a 2010 thats being parted out anyways..

·
Registered
177 Posts
One other caution here -- the unit would have to be re-programmed with the new vehicle's VIN. Otherwise, upon the next ingnition cycle after installation, it will default to "theft detected mode" and have limited or no functionlity.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The ebay seller of that unit (Schram Auto Parts) is a sponsor on the AcadiaForum.net group. He has been selling the nav units for the Acadia, Enclave, Traverse, and Outlook for several years now.

He also programs them so there is no "Theft-Lock" or other issues when you install it. Just wanted to mention this if anyone was interested in buying anything from him. You can check his posts about nav units under the Sponsor section on the Acadia board. He was also offering discounts a while ago.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
ls973800 said:
The ebay seller of that unit (Schram Auto Parts) is a sponsor on the AcadiaForum.net group. He has been selling the nav units for the Acadia, Enclave, Traverse, and Outlook for several years now.

He also programs them so there is no "Theft-Lock" or other issues when you install it. Just wanted to mention this if anyone was interested in buying anything from him. You can check his posts about nav units under the Sponsor section on the Acadia board. He was also offering discounts a while ago.
I've got to say that at the price he's asking plus whatever the dash piece will cost (which won't be cheap) anyone thinking of this might be better off selling or trading in their current Terrain for one with the nav already installed...especially if they will also need to pay someone for the install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts