GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had this Terrain about a year and half..I went thru the Update software to fix key problems with Nav System..I mentioned something to the Mgr that my Terrain was starting to knock and sound funny..Got this answer"Oh well thats typical for a 4 cylinder Terrain..Are there any engine updates or fixes for this problem?? I really have not pursued this problem..Sometimes I hear nothing and other times it sounds really bad like ballbearings in a can..Thats about the best way to describe it upon acceleration..Any help would be appreciated..Thanks :help:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just came from my Dealer after an oil change and tire rotation..When I made the appointment I told him about the recent knocking and nails in a bucket sound while accelerating..Low and Behold there was a Puter Update for engine(V4) and so far so good..no more knock..It def pays to open up your mouth or I probably would never have got the Update... :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
nitti48 said:
Well I just came from my Dealer after an oil change and tire rotation..When I made the appointment I told him about the recent knocking and nails in a bucket sound while accelerating..Low and Behold there was a Puter Update for engine(V4) and so far so good..no more knock..It def pays to open up your mouth or I probably would never have got the Update... :thumb:
What is a "puter". Do you have a ticking/tapping sound also? I've been told it is the fuel injector noise. "normal".

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
mwmacintosh said:
What is a "puter". Do you have a ticking/tapping sound also? I've been told it is the fuel injector noise. "normal".
I think it is one of those things that Steve Jobs made famous - a.k.a. Computer. Yep - through me for a loop also.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You had the problem also??..I was ready to comtemplate trading it in for a different SUV(Edge.Sorennto 6 cyl) but if this fix works I shall keep it for awhile,hehe

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
nitti48 said:
You had the problem also??..I was ready to comtemplate trading it in for a different SUV(Edge.Sorennto 6 cyl) but if this fix works I shall keep it for awhile,hehe
Keep me posted on your progress at the dealer. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to contact me and I will be able to assist you furthr. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have been in for a couple 'puter updates. definite improvement but my 2010 I4 is still VERY noisy as far as im concerned. Im done with the dealership that now tells me "look we fixed it and that's normal" and i am going to book into my purchasing dealer when im on holidays in a couple weeks and get them to hopefully fix it for good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts