GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an intermittent issue with my front right wheel heating up significantly. One trip it will seem normal and the next I notice what seems like the brake dragging and the wheel getting hot. I have fairly new pads on, had serviced the caliper by replacing the piston and pins, lubing, etc., but the problem persisted. I was still not confident that the caliper was the issue, but put on a new one. Same problem and still intermittent. When I bled the line, I had a steady stream of fluid, so not thinking it is the lines. Have had no damage of any kid to the wheel. Kind of baffled at where to go next.....suggestions?

·
Registered
2019 Terrain SLE AWD 1.5
145 Posts
Better than good chance that you need to replace the brake line. They corrode and don't let the fluid back out of the caliper when you take your foot off the brake. Common issue with the theta bodies. It's a chronic problem with theta body Vues and they share the same setup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering about the line, so might start with that. Is it generally the main line or the hose closest to the wheel? Might do both as they are not that costly.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It's the rubber brake hoses that collapse internally and do not let the pressure release from the caliper causing pad drag. The hard lines do not do that. Hard lines only rust through and leak.

Reactions: John04VUE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts