GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Yesterday I was closing the liftgate in a hurry and I had a piece of wood that got caught under the gate just before it closed. I pulled it out and the liftgate slammed down. Now when I try to open it it releases but does not raise. It latches back. I do not feel like it is a fuse since it has poer and actually releases.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you in advance
Tim

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I’ve never had one of these automatic liftgates, but I’m gonna guess here that when the wood got jammed, preventing the gate from closing, the locating mechanism continued to turn, and traveled past the “closed” prox switch. And now when it opens it hits the “closed” switch and thinks it’s closing instead of opening?

I’m gonna *guess* the gate needs to be “recalibrated” to the prox switches (somehow). Maybe the Owner's Manual covers this?

Reactions: bigb12359

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and your guess seems to make sense. Will do a little more research down that line of thinking.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Thanks for the info and your guess seems to make sense. Will do a little more research down that line of thinking.
In my 2014 Equinox there are two "Object Sensors" and a Power Lift Gate Control Module that can be calibrated or replaced if you have a problem.
There is actually more to it than that but you get the idea.
Your SRX should be pretty much the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The battery is good. Less than a year. I am afraid it is directly related to the obstruction when closing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2013. Once the lift gate wouldn't open. I discovered the push button on my model is surrounded by a knob. The knob determines how far up the lift will go. If the knob is turned all the way down, the lift gate will not open. Maybe everyone else knows this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah the knob is on the left door. That description he gave sounds more like it needs to be calibrated. The knob has 2 settings, full and 3/4 .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts