GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for 2010 Equinox owners...
how do you like the AUTO down of all windows by using the remote?

Use it often, not at all?

·
Registered
361 Posts
how do you make it work?

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
apparently--- all they have to do is hold down the unlock button for several seconds and all the windows will roll down.

(though they will not roll up via the remote).

·
Registered
361 Posts
rbarrios said:
apparently--- all they have to do is hold down the unlock button for several seconds and all the windows will roll down.

(though they will not roll up via the remote).
let me go check

·
Registered
361 Posts
my 2Lt doesn't have it

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this appears to be on early build 2010's
The feature will dissapear if the BCM is replaced- and cant be added again.

·
Registered
361 Posts
rbarrios said:
this appears to be on early build 2010's
The feature will dissapear if the BCM is replaced- and cant be added again.
no idea when mine was built but it is a 2LT with remote start.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MY 2010 Equinox's built before June 26, 2009 would have this rare feature.

·
Registered
361 Posts
my build date i think is 4/10 at least that is the number in the upper right corner of the sticker with the tire sizes on it that is grey

·
Registered
177 Posts
The bulletin that explains the feature is PIT 4895A. I've attached the text.

I love the feature. On very hot days in the summer, I'll use it from my office window to cool down the passenger compartment before I get in. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
It says, "This feature can NOT be turned back on nor can a vehicle built on or after June 26th 2009 have this feature added."

But, GTPprix, CAN and HAS added this feature to cars built after that date !!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
RIT333 said:
It says, "This feature can NOT be turned back on nor can a vehicle built on or after June 26th 2009 have this feature added."

But, GTPprix, CAN and HAS added this feature to cars built after that date !!!
Anything can be done for a price. Just GM can't do it (or won't is maybe a better choice), which is true.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why did they take this out? Would love to be able to open the windows / sun roof from my remote!

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
jo12ltz said:
Why did they take this out? Would love to be able to open the windows / sun roof from my remote!
Probably made the car too desirable.

:confused:

·
Registered
162 Posts
jo12ltz said:
Only thing I can think of is the GM legal team calculated some type of liability increase. I can't think of a reason though. Do any other current production GM cars have this feature?

It couldn't have been cost because the feature was already on the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our Honda Van has the remote window feature. I think all Odysseys do. so I am not sure how it could be a liability for GM and not other manufacturers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Another Kevin said:
Our Honda Van has the remote window feature. I think all Odysseys do. so I am not sure how it could be a liability for GM and not other manufacturers.
My in laws have an Accord with this feature. Also, VW's back in the early 2000's had this when you put the key in the door and turn it.

I think I read somewhere else on this forum that SRX's may still have this feature. Someone accidentally opened them without knowing it the night of a snowstorm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts