GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having a problems for sometime with the nav system:
1. Will not remember last station used
2. When back up cam come on stays on longer than 90 sec after forward gear selection.
3. When scrolling through last destinations some are not listed.

Any advice?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Sounds like a trip to your dealer for sure.
:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
just dropped off my 2010 terrain for the same type issue (+ mine keeps thinking it goes back to washington, dc; shows the "warning" screen on each start rather than every several starts, etc.)

the service advisor looked at me as though i was crazy when i told him the problem... especially after a quick test outside showed that it "remembered" this time. a 2nd advisor overheard and pulled out a flashdrive with some update that was for an SRX customer and thought it might work.

will report back when i get my car back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
davidasman said:
just dropped off my 2010 terrain for the same type issue (+ mine keeps thinking it goes back to washington, dc; shows the "warning" screen on each start rather than every several starts, etc.)

the service advisor looked at me as though i was crazy when i told him the problem... especially after a quick test outside showed that it "remembered" this time. a 2nd advisor overheard and pulled out a flashdrive with some update that was for an SRX customer and thought it might work.

will report back when i get my car back!
I have a 2010 Nox and have the same problem. I dread going to the dealer. Were you able to get this fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
davidasman or dawgdaes,

were either of you able to get this fixed? I'm running into the same issue and its especially annoying with the nav warning screen & washington dc default. thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
I did the USB update today and now everything seems to be working as designed. Now I have it on a flash drive for quick use on any other vehicles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
allterrain said:
davidasman or dawgdaes,

were either of you able to get this fixed? I'm running into the same issue and its especially annoying with the nav warning screen & washington dc default. thanks!
Yes took the car to the dealer and it seems to correct the radio and Washington dc issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the updates on the post. I took the car in to a dealership and they could not figure it out. Will print the instructions from the other post and take to the dealership tomorrow for the fix. Just think it is strange that I the consumer is telling the dealership how to fix my problem. Will post an update if fixed or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the car to the dealer yesterday and even with the instructions it still took them 2 1/2 hours to conduct the fix. But it works and has faired well since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
goodeforu said:
Thanks all for the updates on the post. I took the car in to a dealership and they could not figure it out. Will print the instructions from the other post and take to the dealership tomorrow for the fix. Just think it is strange that I the consumer is telling the dealership how to fix my problem. Will post an update if fixed or not.
So true....I am reminded of this all the time. Nearly every time I have an issue with either of my vehicles, it seems I know way more than the dealer, just from these type of online forums. It's just not realistic for the service department to know every single nuance of each vehicle. I guess I just wish they had a better... "search known issues" database. In the end I suppose it's best to do just as you did and print everything out to inform yourself and politely and respectfully pass on to the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well still had problems and took to the dealer again. They finally decided to replace the radio seems to be working for now, have my fingers crossed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
goodeforu said:
Well still had problems and took to the dealer again. They finally decided to replace the radio seems to be working for now, have my fingers crossed.
I am glad to hear that the concern seems to have been resolved. Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top