GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a hair up my butt to see what my grille would look like in black b4 i have it vinyled. It looks great and plasti-dip is hard as heck to do and get it perfect on the grille. on the Bowtie it was easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Looks great.

:thumb:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RIT333 said:
Looks great.

:thumb:
thx. i like the look but not the plasti-dip. some of it didn't release from my masking job. i will vinyl later on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lots of tips at dipyourcar.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
JUST BLACKED OUT ALL MY BADGES AND SELECT CHROME PIECES WITH PLASTI DIP. WORKS PRETTY GOOD SO FAR. WANT TO DO MY RIMS WHEN IT IS WARMER. I HAVE FOUND THAT A LOT OF VERY THIN COATS WORK THE BEST. THE MORE COATS THE EASYER IT IS TO PEEL. ILL POST MORE PICS LATER. YOURS LOOKS GREAT!!!!

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
adamkatheiser said:
JUST BLACKED OUT ALL MY BADGES AND SELECT CHROME PIECES WITH PLASTI DIP. WORKS PRETTY GOOD SO FAR. WANT TO DO MY RIMS WHEN IT IS WARMER. I HAVE FOUND THAT A LOT OF VERY THIN COATS WORK THE BEST. THE MORE COATS THE EASYER IT IS TO PEEL. ILL POST MORE PICS LATER. YOURS LOOKS GREAT!!!!
Looks like your cap locks key is stuck, or else you have been breathing too much vapor from the Plasti Dip.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea sorry. Caps was on. :banghead:

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
adamkatheiser said:
Yea sorry. Caps was on. :banghead:
No problem - I was worried that the fumes had gotten to you ! :drunk:

·
Registered
17 Posts
nope. other issues... :beer: lol

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you can do your rims now. just get a heat gun to dry the coats. that is what i did.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Never thought about that. i guess im just being lazy. i dont want to take each tire off, bring them inside, tape them, spray them, etc. i know im lazy, lol. maybe spring will motivate me. do you have any pictures? how did it turn out? :banana:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
adamkatheiser said:
Never thought about that. i guess im just being lazy. i dont want to take each tire off, bring them inside, tape them, spray them, etc. i know im lazy, lol. maybe spring will motivate me. do you have any pictures? how did it turn out? :banana:
mine just look like normal flat black wheels. i did the who rear chrome area today including the bow tie. came out nice.

with the wheels you dont have to tape anything other than the valve stem and the lug nut interface surfaces.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks sweet. I watched all the videos on YouTube. Even cooler I sell everything at my hardware store.

·
Registered
17 Posts
so im sure this is a stupid question, but you do still have to take the rims off the car dont you? im not sure i want this crap in my brakes, no matter how easy it is to get off...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
adamkatheiser said:
so im sure this is a stupid question, but you do still have to take the rims off the car dont you? im not sure i want this crap in my brakes, no matter how easy it is to get off...
i took my wheels off because i wanted the inside black and not silver. you can tape off the inside to protect the calipers. but i would dismount the wheels. you can do them one at a time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice job. I love the look, but would never own a black car. We ended up getting a 2012 Mocha Steel 1LT.

Wife loves the chrome but hates the piss yellow/gold emblem. Ordered some silver vinyl to cover it. Since its her car chrome handles and shiny chrome wheels is what she wanted. Will be posting pics as the parts come in.

Thanks for sharing.
JCarm75

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jcarm75 said:
Nice job. I love the look, but would never own a black car. We ended up getting a 2012 Mocha Steel 1LT.

Wife loves the chrome but hates the piss yellow/gold emblem. Ordered some silver vinyl to cover it. Since its her car chrome handles and shiny chrome wheels is what she wanted. Will be posting pics as the parts come in.

Thanks for sharing
JCarm75
i think i hate black cars as much as i hate chrome. but the price was 4k of normal used trucks so i couldn't resist.

mocha steel is nice i almost bought one used but it had chrome 20" wheels and they wanted premium dollar for them and they were like how could you not like chrome? i dislike chrome because like black its a [email protected] to keep clean and purty.

post some pics up and make a gallery so we can see your new whip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the black rims and blacked out emblems. How long will the plasti dip last on the rims. I am going to paint mine but i could not make up my mind between plasti dip or the Dupli color Chrome black out.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stouty109 said:
I like the black rims and blacked out emblems. How long will the plasti dip last on the rims. I am going to paint mine but i could not make up my mind between plasti dip or the Dupli color Chrome black out.
5,000 miles and going strong.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts