GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever looked into adding the chrome to your nox ? I have a new black "Lt2" model and considering buying those chrome pieces and installing myself.......

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm with ckmullin...it's very obvious that those pieces aren't functional skidplates. I prefer to leave mine the way it is..

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
Yeah...I think the chrome front and rear valance adds a nice touch to the Equinox and breaks up the black vinyl surrounding the car. It's my understanding that this comes with the chrome package that is standard on the LTZ...which is supposedly dealer installed. If that is the case..the dealer would be able to order...and the pieces are probably simple to install. I would check with them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
the chrome pieces look nice IMO. Who says chrome looks cheezy? The guys who think they are too manly to have it? I know who doesnt think its cheezy and thats the ladies... know what im sayin? know what sayin? ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
RhythmiC---- Are you really suggesting these SUV's are "chick magnets"? Give me a break!! ::)

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
RSchleder said:
RhythmiC---- Are you really suggesting these SUV's are "chick magnets"? Give me a break!! ::)
...uh..don't know about that. Depends on how you look at it. Maybe more a people magnet...but my wife's female co-workers were quite impressed with her new LTZ and actually thought it was quite elegant with the chrome trim..red stitching...sound system..auto backgate..blah blah blah. Commented how rakishly sporty that they looked when seen on the road compared to other Suvs. Resident doctor at the clinic she works at is ready to get a new car after driving a Lexus..and remarked that he may need go no further than Chevy. Seems the new style Equinox offers something more than your average SUV/CUV. Some suggest the chrome adds that little extra touch of class. Around here..they can't keep them on the lots.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Iceman-- I totally agree with everything you said, that's why we now own one. My wife likes it as much as I do and that is an unusual situation.

·
Registered
977 Posts
One thing about opinions .. Everyone has one. ;D Do what Chrome features you like. I did the door pillars with Chrome and people come up to me complementing it including Nox owners. I also did an overlay (chrome) over the grill.

·
Registered
144 Posts
On the LTZ it comes from the factory with the chrome. I have photos of mine on the transport truck with the chrome. However, I believe the dealer can get the chrome package and install it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So everyone is aware, the chrome valence is actually chrome plated plastic. I discovered this because someone backed into the rear valance on my Equinox and it cracked the chrome. The impact point (actually a very light tap) was indented and there was a starburst of cracked lines around the center dent. I got busy and inspected the underside of the rear bumper and determined that this valence should be simple to replace. It is attached with six or eight clips from the inside of the bumper. However, I could not observe how the top of the valence was attached.

In short, I ordered the replacement valence and when it arrived, I was amazed at how light weight it actually was. The top of the valence has clips that snap into slots in the bumper cover, which solves the problem of accessing potentially hidden retainer from the back side. Replacing the damaged valence is a very simple procedure.

But, there may be a problem for anyone wanting to purchase and add these as an aftermarket upgrade. My guess is that you do not have the slots in the bumper cover to attach the retainers from the back side of the bumper. Perhaps, if someone wanted to get creative and use their exacto knife to cut these slots in their bumper cover, then mounting the chrome valence might be possible. Personally, I would be hesitant to do it.

Actually, I just counted and their are ten lugs on the back of the chrome valence that require clips from the back of the bumper, plus there are six additional clips at the top of the valence. That means someone would need to cut sixteen slots in their bumper cover to attach the rear chrome. Also, the chrome trailer hitch cover is sold separately is mounted with the same clips from the back of the bumper cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts