GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked it up yesterday. I will be posting my reviews in the near future. NAV and Sunroof were the only add ons. I bought the 4 cylinder because of my long mostly highway commute. I very please so far. I still have to play around with all of the available features.

·
Registered
297 Posts
DeMAN said:
I just picked it up yesterday. I will be posting my reviews in the near future. NAV and Sunroof were the only add ons. I bought the 4 cylinder because of my long mostly highway commute. I very please so far. I still have to play around with all of the available features.
Congrats! That's exactly what we ordered, too. What color exterior/interior 'Nox did you get? Looking forward to your review and pics!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am also a new 2010 LTZ owner, offically as of this past Friday night! I picked it up with 8 kms, and after the weekend I have got about 270 kms on it :). LOVE MY 'NOX TO DEATH! It sucks being at work today :(. I will post pictures when I get a chance, as well as respond to the thread about prices paid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Way to go .hopefully we all have a whole lot of happy miles

·
Registered
297 Posts
Still no word on our 'Nox. They must be walking it up from Kansas City, Missouri. 4 days delivery time seems like a long time for only being 2.5 hours away. :-\

·
Registered
282 Posts
Aww! Maybe it's already arrived and is just going through PDI and getting gassed and cleaned up for you! Have you tried contacting your dealer? In my case I never heard anything until I fired off an email asking which always seemed to work out for me. It's like he waited until I asked so that he would have good news for me! Like the one time I emailed him at the end of my build week he didn't answer for a little over a day, and my justification was that he was waiting until he had some useful information to respond with haha.

·
Registered
297 Posts
FedorekC said:
Aww! Maybe it's already arrived and is just going through PDI and getting gassed and cleaned up for you! Have you tried contacting your dealer? In my case I never heard anything until I fired off an email asking which always seemed to work out for me. It's like he waited until I asked so that he would have good news for me! Like the one time I emailed him at the end of my build week he didn't answer for a little over a day, and my justification was that he was waiting until he had some useful information to respond with haha.
Yeah. Unfortunately, my wife emailed our salesperson this afternoon and it was MIA. So, it looks like Tuesday might be the big day.....or Wednesday....or Thursday. :-\

·
Registered
282 Posts
DANG! Oh well, at least you know it's only a few days away! Good things come to those who wait...patiently! Haha. I uploaded a couple pictures...they aren't that good but I thought they might tide you over until I can get some better ones ;D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TheCrow1994 said:
Still no word on our 'Nox. They must be walking it up from Kansas City, Missouri. 4 days delivery time seems like a long time for only being 2.5 hours away. :-\
They had 12 on the lot when I visited the my dealer last Wednesday. They were down to 5 Saturday. Mine was the only LTZ. The dealer said that most people in the area buy the base model or the LT. They actually picked mine up from another dealer on a trade.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm now able to post some of my early reviews, 3 weeks and 2500+ miles later.

Pros: First of all my wife and I feel like we made the right choice in buying this SUV. We both have had a chance to drive on the road as well as road town and found it fun to drive. We are very pleased with the the space and comforts. I still need to take some time to program some of the functions.

Cons: Mileage is a little lower than what i thought it would be even when driving it in away to hit higher numbers. We are avg. 24 mpg which seem to be avg from what I've read. I'm hoping those numbers also improve with time as its still fairly new. I've also noticed that its seems to struggle to stay in the top gear from time to time which makes it seem like its was struggling. (This is on a small incline over several miles) this one doesn't like alot of head wind either. (thats driving around 72-75mph with a 10-15 mile headwind.) on the other hand it runs great once it hits it power band like it can keep up with anything on the road.
(I mostly drove a 95 Saturn SC2 before buying the Nox, so I kinder know what the response should feel like driving another 4)

The voice command and I seem to have our differences, but I have some of those same issues with my 06 Acura TL. This is not a biggie

Overall: I feel most of the Cons I listed will go away over time, at least this is the hope. The build quality is great. This SUV feel solid. Love the Stereo. I've taken a few people to lunch and they are impressed with the ride quality, build and rear leg room. Again we are happy with our purchase. I look forward to coming back later with hopefully even more favorable remarks. **** 4 out 5 stars now.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
DeMAN said:
I'm now able to post some of my early reviews, 3 weeks and 2500+ miles later.

Pros: First of all my wife and I feel like we made the right choice in buying this SUV. We both have had a chance to drive on the road as well as road town and found it fun to drive. We are very pleased with the the space and comforts. I still need to take some time to program some of the functions.

Cons: Mileage is a little lower than what i thought it would be even when driving it in away to hit higher numbers. We are avg. 24 mpg which seem to be avg from what I've read. I'm hoping those numbers also improve with time as its still fairly new. I've also noticed that its seems to struggle to stay in the top gear from time to time which makes it seem like its was struggling. (This is on a small incline over several miles) this one doesn't like alot of head wind either. (thats driving around 72-75mph with a 10-15 mile headwind.) on the other hand it runs great once it hits it power band like it can keep up with anything on the road.
(I mostly drove a 95 Saturn SC2 before buying the Nox, so I kinder know what the response should feel like driving another 4)

The voice command and I seem to have our differences, but I have some of those same issues with my 06 Acura TL. This is not a biggie

Overall: I feel most of the Cons I listed will go away over time, at least this is the hope. The build quality is great. This SUV feel solid. Love the Stereo. I've taken a few people to lunch and they are impressed with the ride quality, build and rear leg room. Again we are happy with our purchase. I look forward to coming back later with hopefully even more favorable remarks. **** 4 out 5 stars now.
72-75 mph in aheadwind and you complain about mileage??? and if 72 is driving it to hit higher numbers.....driving 55-65 might just bring it up to your standards

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fourmoremarine said:
72-75 mph in aheadwind and you complain about mileage??? and if 72 is driving it to hit higher numbers.....driving 55-65 might just bring it up to your standards
The speed limit on my route to and from is 70mph. No one is driving 55-65mph in this area. I didn't have to compromise that much speed in my Saturn or my Acura TL. The majic mph for both were 80mph. It would take avg of 4mpg off both cars. My TL would hit 34mpg at 55-65mph. The Saturn was good for 28-30mpg at 72-75 and acura about 29-31mpg. I would be happy at any case with 27-28mpg. The 32mpg are not really realistic in my area and I except that.
I don't always have a headwind of those speeds. I have a tailwind coming to work ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts