GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

New to the forum. Lots of great information here, keep up the great work. Just put a deposit on a new 2010 Equinox LTZ, Mocha Steel Metallic w/ 18" Wheels, Rear DvD and Sunroof. My wife and I are excited, we are expecting in a few months and we think this vehicle will be perfect for us. Great on gas, safe, toys for the kid and me :)

Couple of questions... Gas Milage, realistically how many Km's per tank do you get? It is obvious that it is better what is currently available but I don't think 1100 is realistic. If it is something like 800km on average then that is awesome.

Anyone have any pictures of the Mocha Steel Metallic with the 18" wheels?

And lastly, the wireless headsets and remote were not on my invoice. I am confused/concerned due to the fact on the GM website you have to check both options (Rear Seat Entertainment + wireless headsets). I asked sales rep and he says he's pretty sure they will be included. But that is not a yes.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have the same vehicle in Mocha with the brownstone leather interior and rear entertainment. I have had it for 3 weeks Your gas mileage may approach the mileage posted by Gm. The advertised mileage is under ideal conditions and are difficult to attain unless you are a hypermiler.
The wireless headphones are part of the entertainment system. I have the 18" wheels and sunroof also. Try doing a search to find pictures or any questions you may have.
I waited 13 weeks for mine and ordered it from a dealer 30 miles from the plant it was produced at.

18" machined wheels are in centre of image.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got an email today... my vehicle will be ready the week of June 16. Not bad, 5 weeks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome, looks like you have ordered the exact same vehicle that my wife and I just got. You will enjoy it, I don't ever get to drive it cause my wife refuses to let me she loves it so much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered mine on 4/8 and the dealer told me yesterday it was done and shipped yesterday. ;D So that's exactly five weeks. The lease on my Acadia is up on 5/23 so I should get my Equinox just in time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Louise said:
I ordered mine on 4/8 and the dealer told me yesterday it was done and shipped yesterday. ;D So that's exactly five weeks. The lease on my Acadia is up on 5/23 so I should get my Equinox just in time.
Well scratch that....the dealer called and said my car just came in!! :eek:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ooo that's so awesome! I ordered mine on May 1st. I hope it only takes 5 weeks as well!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My salesperson told me they are trying to finish up the orders on the 2010's since they will stop building them soon and switch to the 2011 models. So I think you will start to see a lot of them coming in much faster than expected.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh wow, that's great news, I sure hope it's true! My dealer told me to expect to wait 12 weeks for it to come in :(. I would even be fine with 8 weeks, but 5 is just amazing! Hopefully they aren't rushing tthe orders to get them out resulting in poorly made vehicles though. It would suck to get a brand new vehicle and have to keep taking it into get things fixed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well I just got my target production week! June 7, 2010 it is. Not bad for only having ordered it on May 1st! Hopefully it is built in the earlier half of the week so it is delivered to me quicker! From what I have read I figure it will take about 2 weeks for it to arrive after it is built...does this sound about right?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh boy, the race is on! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got mine last Thursday....love it so far!! It really handles well and seems less "bulky" than my Acadia. And no transmission issues so far either.

There's only a few things that my Acadia had that I really miss on the Equinox: 1. Power folding mirrors; 2. Auto-express up on windows; 3. The front passenger seat is "manual". If the driver's side is power, I don't understand why they don't make the front passenger seat adjustments power as well. Oh...and 4. I liked the sliding storage box in the middle console of the front seat. My dog's crate does not sit well on the passenger seat and I have to lift the crate to open and close the crate's door. It would help if the console slid back to make it easier to open & close the crate door.

Otherwise, the 2010 Equinox is an excellent car!! I will post some pics as soon as I get around to taking some. ;D

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm glad everyone is getting theirs. Can't wait to pick up my LTZ Mocha that has been on order since March 26. I do have a TPW of 6/14. If that holds true, It will be 13 plus weeks. Does anyone have any ideas why some take so long? Maybe the 19" wheels are the culprit? ........anxious in St. Louis.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Our Mocha Steel LTZ is supposed to be built the first week on June, at least that's what our salesperson told us. Just an observation, but it seems like there are a ton of LTZ's that are the Mocha Steel color. The only 2 Mocha Steel Nox's we saw on two different dealerships were both LTZ's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Louise said:
I got mine last Thursday....love it so far!! It really handles well and seems less "bulky" than my Acadia. And no transmission issues so far either.

There's only a few things that my Acadia had that I really miss on the Equinox: 1. Power folding mirrors; 2. Auto-express up on windows; 3. The front passenger seat is "manual". If the driver's side is power, I don't understand why they don't make the front passenger seat adjustments power as well. Oh...and 4. I liked the sliding storage box in the middle console of the front seat. My dog's crate does not sit well on the passenger seat and I have to lift the crate to open and close the crate's door. It would help if the console slid back to make it easier to open & close the crate door.

Otherwise, the 2010 Equinox is an excellent car!! I will post some pics as soon as I get around to taking some. ;D

Congrats Louise! Only a few more weeks for us! Just added front and rear splash guards... lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered 4/16....TPW 5/31 plus 10-14 days for delivery so hopefully by the second week of June :) i can't wait!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Congrats to all who have recieved their sweet new rides!

Louise, what model do you have? I wasn't aware that the passenger seat was manual, that seems really odd. Just wondering if that's true on all trim levels.

Rickbb63, I would sure hope the 19" wheels aren't the culprit cuz that's what I ordered! But they do seem to be less common...Although I agree with TheCrow1994, I have noticed that ALOT of Mocha 'Noxs out there are LTZ's so maybe that's what is holding yours up!

·
Registered
12 Posts
FedorekC said:
Congrats to all who have recieved their sweet new rides!

Louise, what model do you have? I wasn't aware that the passenger seat was manual, that seems really odd. Just wondering if that's true on all trim levels.
I have the LTZ which automatically comes with the power drivers seat....guess I didn't notice that the front passenger seat wasn't.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hmm, me too...how strange!

Also, fyi, I found this on another thread posted by scottyyyc: "Basically - the bottom line is that dealers are only allotted a certain amount of Terrains for any given period. 60 people could walk into a dealer tomorrow and order a Terrain. But the dealer can't necessarily order all 60 - if the dealer is only allotted 20/month, they can only order 20, not the full 60. The remaining 40 can't be ordered until they have the allotment. As such, depending on your dealer and their allotment, they might normally be able to order a vehicle and get it delivered within a month, but if their allotment is used up, they might not be able to even place the order for a month or two."

So, rickbb63, maybe your dealer has used up their allotment and it's taking a while because it wasn't ordered for a few weeks rather than right away. Just a thought :).

1 - 20 of 83 Posts