GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 gmc terrain, 2.4 fwd......runs fine but theres a weird shifting at times. Ive heard it could be the ecm/pcm or the tcm......anyone have any experience in this problem and resolve it?

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 174.6k miles
4,545 Posts
Any OBD-2 Codes to report? Check Engine Light ON?

How many miles on this vehicle?

When was the last time the transmission fluid was changed?

DId you buy it brand new? If not, how many miles were on it when you bought it?

Does this vehicle see more in-city driving or highway driving?

Here's a problem with transmission "flaring" in certain gears. Is that what's happening? Can you describe the "weird shifting" a little bit more?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought is used with 64000 on it, ive had it for 6years it has 119000 miles on it. it doesnt get driven alot as i have a work truck but it does have small town driving and highway trips at times. the weird shifting at times feels like someone bumped into my back bumper as im driving from a stop or a very slow roll. transmission fluid i changed recently.

·
Registered
2010 GMC Terrain slt 3.0L V6
7 Posts
I have the 6cyl but have the same issue. It started with weird shifting and now (I believe) the transmission oil pump is whining. I have 118000 on my 2010 so I’m sure some issues are about to arise soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 SLT with the 3.0L V6 engine. About 175K the switch pack in the transmission was replaced due to shifting issues. The individual switches can be replaced by a knowlegeable shop in order to reduce costs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts