GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local Chevy dealer getting some service on my HHR. I was checking out the only Equinox they had on the lot, an LT1. It was larger than I expected. The sticker was $23,910 including transportation. I asked about deals on the car to one of the salesmen and he tells me that they don't charge more than sticker price ::) and as long as the cars are selling (they can't keep them in stock) there are no deals to be had. That they only talk to serious buyers. I told him that I'll wait until there is some incentive to buy. A typical obnoxious sales staff. This was the same place where I bought the HHR.

·
Registered
332 Posts
While I agree that there are really no deals to be had on the new Nox due to demand, what he said about not charging more than sticker and only talking to serious buyers is BS and the talk of a poor salesperson. I would make it a point not to buy from that person and make sure they knew it.

The fact that the sticker for a 1LT is under $24K isn't bad considering what it is here. Just look at the window sticker of our Cyber grey 1LT I posted in that thread. The only thing we got off of the price was $1000 that they promised before we ordered it and the $750 maintenance card.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
They may be obnoxious, but they're telling the truth. Just be glad that most dealers have sense enough to know that price gouging would be a bad idea in this economy even with hot selling models. I got the best possible deal on my Nox (bought in December 09, got first time GM $1000 credit, sales manager is a longtime friend ;) ) But getting a Nox/ Terrain below sticker price is a major achievement since there are several buyers willing to pay sticker waiting behind everyone who tries to haggle..

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Join a credit union for that discount. Other than that, discounts are slim on most new GM products.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Some companies have supplier discounts. Some of these discounts can be shared with friends or family. However .. Dealer s do not have to honor it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts