GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if any of you have splashguards or have installed them. I am wanting to purchase some but I don't want to pay to have them installed. Any tips would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
dustin10nox said:
Curious if any of you have splashguards or have installed them. I am wanting to purchase some but I don't want to pay to have them installed. Any tips would be great.

Thanks
Not that hard to install you will have to remove the rear wheels.
Buy them at your dealer and have them print out the instructions for install as they do not come in the box
Think I paid 60 total for front and rear

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy them at your dealer and have them print out the instructions for install as they do not come in the box
Where at cause the cheapest I can find em for now is $89 plus tax

·
Registered
441 Posts
gmpartsdirect is a good place to start....

also dealers can have different prices..mostly based off of location....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you sure if your a marine your close by in camp lagune, I'm over here in fort bragg just a couple hrs away

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
dustin10nox said:
Are you sure if your a marine your close by in camp lagune, I'm over here in fort bragg just a couple hrs away

Thanks for the info
Thanks for your service mine was along time ago
Good luck putting those on

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey someones gotta do it....

Yeah can't believe it 59.18 now if i can just talk my dealership into matching prices....(good luck)
Shouldn't be a problem installing once again thanks for the info.

·
Registered
977 Posts
The diagrams are a little strange but hot to hard to install. When I got mine no instuctions for the front but wasn't hard to figuare out. You have to pay $13 for shipping from that site. I bought mine from somewhere else online (I don't remember) and they were about $5.00 less total cost.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I noticed a new Equinox at the dealership with factory splashguards. Looked especially nice and seemed to flow better with the lower trim rather than stand out as such obvious add ons. To those that have run the Equinox without them in messy weather...do you finally decide that it is a neccessity to install them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the thing is I have already noticed that the side of my nox gets covered if I drive through muddy water on the road or I could imagine snow if it was the time of year. What I am more worried about is construction zones on the interstate where your tires pick up tar off of fresh laid roads and throws it all over the side of your vehicle. A lot of times the stuff just won't come off. I had an 07 Trailblazer dark blue and noticed it was covered and I tried all kinds of rubbing compounds and cleaners to get the stuff off and never could. Now I have a silver nox and could only imagine how bad it would look if that happend. Its all about prevention.

·
Registered
91 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Mine had instructions in the box - not sure why yours didn't. In any case, they were very easy and quite fast to install.

·
Registered
977 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Can't speak for the Terrain but on the Nox I didn't have to remove the rear wheels

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone have the instructions for Nox rear guargds installation they could scan ?

I can't find mine, so my rear guards are sitting on my kitchen table...

Kevin

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
There's a Thread on this. Try Search...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sheesh $76 bux for me after shipping and taxes. I didn't know they were in North Carolina, I am just a couple hours away. I may try to see if I can't buy em in store on my way through back home. But, still $76 bux is better than &89 plus tax, best I can get em for local is $81 after taxes with 15% military discount.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I went ahead and picked up the front and rear splashguards locally. I recieved a 15% coupon in the mail for accessories so I went ahead and used it. Paid $81 bux after taxes. $5 difference and I didn't have to wait on shipping. They were quite easy to install and I didn't have to remove any tires. The fit and trim look great, color is a tad off but I think that will get better with time. As far as functionality I don't know. They don't look like they're wide enough to catch everything, just have to see.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts