GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just purchased a 2010 Equinox with 46K on it... I have notice the driver front speaker makes a horrible noise at low speeds... I attribute this to the ANC installed, additionally the speakers do not seem adequate for our listening preferences. We like to enjoy our music but not loud just good quality. My first question is how can we disable the ANC. Secondly what would be a good speaker replacement, I am also thinking about buying a sub for audio but not wanting to spend a lot of $$$

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
may have answered question 1 for myself... I pulled fuse #7 Noise Control Module, I doubt that the ANC can work without this fuse... drove a few blocks and didn't notice anything... I would rather hear engine noise over my horrible speaker noise.... Now what is the best upgrade for speakers, my nox came with base speakers I may just replace door speakers only

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
I thought that the ANC system was operating through the subwoofer, not the front speakers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same issues in the front speakers (non-Pioneer system). Replaced all 4 speakers and it is perfect now. The minor vibrations in the doors are also gone!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed the speaker issues by replacing four speakers with kicker ds series door speakers, I also added a small kicker sub in factory location with some custom work... Way better sound than any factory speaker could produce for less than $650

·
Registered
8 Posts
2010silverchevy said:
I also added a small kicker sub in factory location with some custom work..
How did you do the sub work? I have been looking for an option for that (short of the $500 Stealthbox). Do you have any pictures?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
What amp are u using to power the speakers and sub? Or did ur Nox come with a factory amp?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used a kicker zx7501 amp that I originally had in my gmc pickup, I put it under rear seat... You can find the same amp for sale on ebay for less than $300.00. The sub is in the factory sub location, my sound guy popped the cover off, took out factory sub used for anc and then shaved some of the plastic trim and fit a small 8" sub, after cover was replaced you cannot tell that any work was done. It has a great sound for what I was looking for but the audio guy said that I really should go with stealth sub or enclosure behind seat but I think it sounds great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Front door speakers also took some custom work to get the to fit just right, the audio guy explained that window operation had a clearance issue so they had to cut wood, mold it to inside of door to place speakers further out from window.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010silverchevy said:
Fixed the speaker issues by replacing four speakers with kicker ds series door speakers, I also added a small kicker sub in factory location with some custom work... Way better sound than any factory speaker could produce for less than $650
Where is the factory location of the amps? I have a 2010 Equinox 1LT and currently adding a 12" Alpine Type-R and want to modify the fronts with a Alpine 4 Channel Amp with Type-R front 6-1/2" componets and want to keep the stock look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts